News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Club Car

Started by Mike_AA9ZY, March 03, 2009, 06:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_AA9ZY

Have the club cars we ordered last year arrived yet?

3rail

Hi Mike,

They should be here any day now.  We will start shipping as soon as they arrive.

Regards,

3rail

Mike_AA9ZY

Mike_AA9ZY

I got my club car today and the graphics are amazing ;D

It beat my Williams Milwaukee Road boxcar by about 200%!

WBB should consider doing billboard reefers some day, if they can manufacture a car that nice.

Mike_AA9ZY

I put my new club car on my layout last night and its couplers appear to be 50% higher than either my Atlas O, K-Line, or MTH cars.

I find this interesting because the coupler height on the FA-1, BL-2, Sharks, and CNW Heritage engine appear to be of normal height and mate well with my other cars.

Did anyone else notice this? ???

3rail

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the slow response. We are checking them out and I will report back our findings.

Regards,

3rail

DominicMazoch

Next year, make a "regular" car, with a "nornal" roadname.  But in the place where the trustee info is, place "WBB, Phila. PA , trustee" in font proper to the car.  A collector car, but something somebody could run on a train without it looking like a soe thumb.  MTH did that with their R50B for PRR.

Mike_AA9ZY

OK 3Rail, what did you discover?

ceastonoh

Quote from: DominicMazoch on March 19, 2009, 11:15:28 PM
Next year, make a "regular" car, with a "nornal" roadname.  But in the place where the trustee info is, place "WBB, Phila. PA , trustee" in font proper to the car.  A collector car, but something somebody could run on a train without it looking like a soe thumb.  MTH did that with their R50B for PRR.

Exactly, Domanic. I don't mind a little bit of promotion on club cars, but subdued and discreet. The last two are up there with aquarium cars and mint cars. OK if that's what you like but what's the percentage of people who buy this stuff. Infinitesimal compared to the market in general I'd bet.
There are ways for Williams by Bachmann to offer club cars without competing with dealers and without making these goofy things. A good club car just expands the customer base making more customers think Williams when they walk in their LHS.

Charlie

Mike_AA9ZY

It would be real nice if the couplers lined up with my other cars, too :(

3rail

Charlie,

To answer your question the 2008 car did very well.  Judging from the initial reactions, this year's car it should do even better. We took part of Dominic's advice and we made the car looked real with our own spin on it.   There are many  "Lionel Lines" cars running on layouts today that did not exist in the real world either.  We are open to suggestion to next year's car, so give us some ideas of what you would like.

It is our goal to provide what our customers want, but keep in mind you have to have a variety of things to please everyone.  Look at soft drinks companies they have many flavors (some which I would never think of trying), but they all seem to sell or they would not offer them.

Best Regards,

3rail

3rail

QuoteI put my new club car on my layout last night and its couplers appear to be 50% higher than either my Atlas O, K-Line, or MTH cars.

I find this interesting because the coupler height on the FA-1, BL-2, Sharks, and CNW Heritage engine appear to be of normal height and mate well with my other cars.

Did anyone else notice this?

Hi Mike,

See the post in the FAQ's
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,9199.0.html

Regards,

3rail

Mike_AA9ZY

Thanks 3Rail, I will try it.

I have a suggestion for a club car. How about a hopper lettered for the Chicago Great Western? Or maybe a billboad reefer?