Automatic HO Uncouplers

<< < (2/6) > >>

BestSnowman:
I think a DCC uncoupler on engines, especially switchers, would be very useful.

But with the cost I don't know that it would be worth it for me. It also looks like it wouldn't fit in my 44 Ton switcher anyway, and I don't want to stick a permanent car to the front of it just for automatic uncoupling.

Fitting it to a dummy B unit though does sound interesting.

lwmlwm44:
Thanks for all the info and sites listed.    I did notice on the uncoupling site that you can only purchase cars with the auto uncouplers........did not see anything on the cost or availability of just the unit itself.    I don'twant to have to purchase cars with the unit installed and like folks said at that price it is a bit on the high side.

Its a shame Bachmann doesn't make a uncoupler track or unit of some type   I did not see any listed in the ez track section here.   

The magnetic ones sound good that can be activated by a switch on the control panel.

Where can I find more on them and purchase options.

Doing a uncoupling unit myself.............self building is not a good idea for me............not the worlds greatest in doing that sort of stuff and prefer to buy ready made units if possible.

Will do some more looking.........................to bad they don't have units like the old 0 gauge track where you had a uncoupling unit built in the traack that worked via a magneti.   
Manual uncoupling is not a good option for me as I have a hard time getting around my bench and prefer a automatic method of uncoupling cars.

Regards

Larry

rustyrails:
Larry,
You can find info on Kadee uncoupling ramps here:

www.kadee.com

Also, the Walthers catalog is a good source of info on several different brands of couplers.

Sounds like your best bet is to glue magnets to the siding tracks where false uncoupling is not much of a problem and using the electromagnets on the main line.

Hope this helps,
Rusty

Chris350:
Quote from: BestSnowman on May 04, 2009, 07:47:27 AM

Fitting it to a dummy B unit though does sound interesting.

I'm thinking a cow/calf switcher set up would be slick.

renniks:
Quote from: lwmlwm44 on May 04, 2009, 01:41:45 PM

Its a shame Bachmann doesn't make a uncoupler track or unit of some type   I did not see any listed in the ez track section here.   

Larry,

You will find the Bachmann under track u/c magnets in E-Z Mate couplers page 2.  Can be used with both types of track.

Eric UK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page