News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

East Coast large scale show

Started by Paul W., March 30, 2007, 10:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul W.

Wow,
If any one is thinking of going but not sure if it's worth their time, make the trip. There are some major bargins to be had, you just have to look. Trainworld is selling the large scale diesels, 2 for $125.00, and the Connie for $225.00
There are also several vendors with used cars for prices cheaper than on-line auctions.
Mr. Bach-man, nice seeing you again and saying "hi".

The running display side of the fairgrounds was great as well.
Happy Steamin'

Paul

Karl Reichenbach

Paul,
Sounds like you had a good time at the show.  I am going tomorrow.  Will be looking for detail items for the layout.  I hope to have time to run some trains on Sunday.
Karl

Paul W.

Hey Karl,
Good to hear from you! There are several dealers selling Ozark miniatures, since we talked last, I am now scrathbuilding a Barnhart log loader, so I too gobbled up a handful of detail items as well.
Take a look at the model competition, the log mill (the really big one) belongs to our freind R. Weatherby. I helped him get it in yesterday.
Enjoy yourself and I'll see you on the tours!

Happy Steamin'

Paul

Karl Reichenbach

Paul,

Richards saw mill is really some model.  He does great work.  I talked to him at the show today but did not realize the saw mill was his.  A saw mill is one of my projects this year also.

I got a few detail items and a couple of sound systems.

If the weather stays nice tomorrow I hope to get my new 3 truck Shay out and break it in.

Karl

Paul W.

Where is the sawmill going to go on the Karlin? Or is this part of the next phase of expansion!  That three truck will look right at home running on your layout.
Hopefully you do get some run time in tomorrow, I don't know what our plans are, but if we are up that way, I'll swing by to see if you're running.
If not, I'll see you later in the spring.
Richard is having his open house in May again this year, I'll email you the exact date later as I can't find where I wrote it down right now.
Happy Steamin'

Paul

Karl Reichenbach

Paul,

The saw mill goes in the back corner next the office outside the existing tresle on the yet to be completed spur.  Stop by if you get a chance.

Karl

tlnibert

The show was great, I wish I had more time and MONEY, I saw a new Connie for $200 and couldn't get it.
Tom

altterrain

I had a great time at the show. I got to meet a lot of the folks I only knew online before. Bought a bunch more track and a few other items, entered a couple of models in the contest (diesels seemed to rule the day  :() and I thought Richard's sawmill got robbed  >:(.

-Brian
President of

Paul W.

Brian,
I'll pass on your words to him about his saw mill. I hadn't seen the finished product until I helped him carry it in and set it up. He had several articles on LSOL about how he was building it. Hopefully you looked inside as well to see the log going through the saw. At night it's fully lit inside. He is also looking to put sound inside of a saw mill in action.
I too picked up quite a few items, and had a great time!
Happy Steamin'

Paul