News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Shay

Started by tabloka, May 25, 2009, 12:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tabloka

I have a G scale train,(Blue Comet) older model, 45 mm between the rails, the layout is 100 feet long.  There is a turning radius at both ends that is 52 inches across and 6 feet 6 inches long, which forms a circle and then there's a double track running down to the circle on the other end.  But I've been thinking about a 3 truck Spectrum Shay by Bachmann.  Would it run on this track with a 52 inch curve across.  Obviously, we don't know much about this.  Is there any reason why this Shay mentioned above wouldn't run on this track?  We've heard from people that don't know any more than we do about it that it may not make the turns at the ends of the runs.  Help!

Paul W.

Actually this was answered on your other post. The Shays are designed to take tight curves and inclines. They will take your curves, but look much better on wider curves. Also, in your other post, you referred to the Shay as "G" scale, it's actually "F" scale as it's 1:20.3 and not 1:22.5.
It gets a bit confusing with all the different scales, so that is why Bachmann has decided to just call them "large scale"

You won't regret this purchase as the are great engines  ;D
Happy Steamin'

Paul

tabloka

Paul,
Thanks for your reply.  You are the first person that has made any sense to us.  You cleared it up for us. 

Paul W.

Glad I could help  ;D

That's what we are here for, to help each other out and to enjoy this great hobby!
Happy Steamin'

Paul