Congressional Passenger Cars

Started by cfourrier, March 23, 2009, 02:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfourrier

I just received my 72' scale PRR Congressional car set.  Very nicely done!  However, all cars are clearly marked "Broadway Limited!"
What gives???

Clay Fourrier

MAPA JCT

Each car shows the same name, and is not an error...per se. WILLIAMS made them this way, and Bachmann is carrying on the same tradition, that is, have not changed "production" that already exists. This is a cost saving factor.
This is not to say it is accurate, as the RR in real life had different names on each car.
To solve this all that would be needed is a "name plate" attached to each car, with the correct "car" name.

DominicMazoch

Ma and Pa is right.  I have the TX Sp. 15" cars, and they all have "Lone Star" as the car name.

Now I do have a question:  What color are the cars?  If all tuscan, then having them on the BW would be "correct", although the PRR did not put that name on any of the cars.  However, if they are sliver with red letterboards, then that is wrong!  Silver cars, until lare in the passenger game, were used on the "CONGO LTD " and the SENATOR (WAS-NYP-BOS)

On the later, you could run WAS-NYP with a GG-1, then change to a NH EP-5 for the run to BOS!

cfourrier

These are the silver cars with the tuscan stripe on them.   Thanks to you guys for chiming in!
Clay