HOn3 engines from Soundtraxx and Precision Scale - an a couple of questions

Started by ebtbob, March 31, 2007, 07:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Morning all,

For that select few of you who actually may be interested and may not know,  there are two manufacturers about to put K27s on the market place in HOn3.   One is Blackstone,  a division of Soundtraxx and the other is Mountain Models,  a division of Precision Scale.
       The Blackstone model will be available with or without sound in more than 8-10 varitations of road number,  boiler color,  road name,  and detail.
The original delivery date to customers was  almost a year ago.  The latest word directly from Soundtraxx was either March or April of this year.
       Precisions Scale is making a greater number of variations of the K27,  but they all will come with no sound,  but,  with a GME sound cam installed.  Now,  if you go to the Precision Scale website,  on the home page is a K27 picture and the captions reads..."shipping April 2007"   When you get into the MMI portion of the website it tells you..."Delivery May 2007".   So I sent Percision Scale and email and asked about the two different dates and the reply was that May was the shipping date and that they would correct the website home page,  which to this date has not happened yet.
       Both of the manufactures look like they are coming with wonderful engines and I had the opportunity to see the Blackstone model run at the convention in Philadelphis this past July.
       Now for some questions......one.   word around is that the Blackstone sound models are delayed due to a world wide shortage of electrcal components.   Has anyone else heard of this "problem"?    Some of the Blackstone non sound units have already been shipped.
       Second question,  and probably more towards Mr. B......when Bachmann makes an announcement and if you were to use the term "shipping date",   what would that definition be?    Does that mean shipping to your company from the manufacturer or shipping to distribution for sale to customers.    Also,  has Bachmann ever used the term "delivery date" and what is that definition?

Bob

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

SteamGene

Good questions Bob!  It all depends on your definition of the word "shipping!"
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Matthew Ginkel

Ive got a blackstone k-27 with sound on order now (undec) , from what i heard its gonna be mid april to early may, but there never absolute. I ordered mine last fall and back then it was going to be released around thanksgiving, then after that the begining of the year, then Feb, then March , etc... So Im confident that in 2009 they will be shiped out  ;D.

Bill Miller

I spent a nice afternoon with Jeff at Blackstone  at the NNGC at Durango. Most of the delay in shipping the HOn3 K-27s has been getting the right electric motor in the numbers they needed.  That couldn't be forseen when release dates were first announced.

Bill Miller

ebtbob

To Bill Miller,

Your trip to Durango....was it during the convention?   If so,  have you had any other conversations that would lead you to believe that the problem is still on going?
       I emailed them about 6 weeks ago,  and was told March or April release this year.   Knowing the folks out there as you do,   would you believe they would make that prediction IF the problem is still the same.
      Truefully,  I went thru this same sort of thing waiting on my On30 K27s and am willing to wait on these engines after seeing it run at the convention in Philadelphia, last July.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ebtbob

Duuuhhhh..

Bad on me,  I see you did say at the convention,  Bill.   Man,  I gotta get off this 12-8am shift as soon as possible.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

NevinW

There was a review of the Soundtraxx engine in the new Short Line and Narrow Gauge Gazette.  Very  positive review and suggests that some are in the country.  -  Nevin