News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Long Caboose release date?

Started by Steve Stockham, May 28, 2009, 07:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Stockham

Hey B-Man!
  I hope your summer is starting off great! Speaking of summer and starting off..... what's the latest on the release of the Long Caboose? It's almost June and the crew of the Kansas Central & Colorado RR are getting "antsy" waiting for it! It seems they are tired of just running short "bobbers" and are really looking forward to those new long beauties! We are hosting the Wichita Area Garden Railway Society's June meeting on the third weekend and the railroad management was dearly hoping to have the new caboose for display and demonstration purposes. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Steve Stockham
CEO  KC&CRR

mudhen

If you go to my May 20th, 2009  board, it my help you.

Steve Stockham

Yep, I missed that one! Of course, it would be more helpful if the "official" Bachmann spokesman would confirm or deny this "mid-July" release date! Considering that many of us are gearing up for the BTS, the 25th NGRS, HAGRS as well as local club events and open houses, one would think that an update as to what month we can expect them wouldn't be too much to expect from Bachmann! It's been over six months since the original speculated release date as posted by Bachmann! I fully understand that the realities of production may force delays but if, as your source claims, the Long Caboose is due in about six weeks, then something should be known by Bachmann's marketing department! Respectfully, continued silence doesn't help our "anticipation!"

tac

Well, I couldn't wait.  I bought an Accucraft brass version instead.  And then I built the Sheridan short-wheelbase model.

I still have a couple of the Bachmann versions on back-order, but over here in UK I have to guess that I won't see them this year.

A great pity there.

tac, disappointed
www.ovgrs.org

mudhen

For me anticipation really sucks big time , 6 more weeks maybe, but on the Back Man's side, I can't expect him to know all release dates and ever thing else we throw at him.......... Or can I / We.

the Bach-man

Dear Steve,
I hope they'll be here soon. We did receive samples last week. We'll post pctures as available.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rslater

I see that the release date has been pushed out again.  This time until September.  This according to the 120pointme blogspot most recent post >:( >:( >:( >:(

Steve Stockham

I know it's frustrating to have to wait but boy! will the wait be worth it!! I saw the production sample pics at the BTS (courtesy of Large Scale on Line) and there is no doubt that the wait will be worth it!!  :o ;D

Bucksco

Quote from: rslater on June 13, 2009, 01:57:09 PM
I see that the release date has been pushed out again.  This time until September.  This according to the 120pointme blogspot most recent post >:( >:( >:( >:(

This is incorrect. They should be here soon. They've been shipped from the factory and it shouldn't be too much longer until they arrive in Philadelphia.

rslater

Hi Bucksco,

Sure like your info better than the Bachmann Rep at the BTS  He was the fellow who said by September. ;D ;D ;D

Rick

tac

Quote from: Bucksco on June 14, 2009, 01:54:06 PMThis is incorrect. They should be here soon. They've been shipped from the factory and it shouldn't be too much longer until they arrive in Philadelphia.

Sir, what does that say for those of us who live in the UK?  When can WE expect to see them? ???

Don't have to be too accurate about the month - which YEAR would be good. ;)

Best

tac
www.ovgrs.org

mudhen

I'm putting all my faith in my informant at Bachmann and an anticipating the release date for mid July. Any takers ? And anticipition still sucks big time,  around 3 more weeks  to go....................

glennk28

I have a "race" going--I have a Bachmann caboose ordered from one dealer and an HOn3 long caboose (Blackstone) coming from another dealer.  From past items I suspect both may be coming from the same factory--going to see which one gets here first.   gj    8^)     

calenelson

Quote from: Bucksco on June 14, 2009, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: rslater on June 13, 2009, 01:57:09 PM

This is incorrect. They should be here soon. They've been shipped from the factory and it shouldn't be too much longer until they arrive in Philadelphia.

Would Thomas and Friends be on the same boat?

cale

Bucksco

Thomas and Friends won't be shipping for a couple of months but I do have production samples of Thomas, Percy and their consists for photography. I'll post some pictures soon!