News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

my dcc controller

Started by Daylight4449, June 08, 2009, 05:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Banner

OkieRick, much as I would like to buy your Dynamis to try it out, I don't dare to at this time.  If my wife ever found out, there would be a tremendous mess to clean up.  Sorry.

As a Canadian, I tend to use the English spelling for many words.  So that would be Olde Phart, if you please. ;D

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Yampa Bob

Jim,
I have been a student of etymology (origin of words), for many years, especially "Cognates" and various translations. From the Latin word for "full" or "full of it", but interesting that in Swedish, the singular word means "Speed". So there are a lot of speedy fellows on the forum.  :D

However if you add  "old", it translates to "Tribal Leader". It is a term of pride in first person, but an insult in second and third person usage. 

We seem to have a lot of elderly "speedys" on the forum, so in Western Indian it would translate to "Too many Chiefs and not enough Braves".   :D

Old Indian Chief proverb: "I am old because I have learned how to stay alive". ("Let the braves do the fighting, I'll stay in my wikiup where it's safe")   8)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

OkieRick

Very well.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank the phonetically correct Olde Phart of Canadia and the Speedy Chief of Yampa Valley for the wisdom and stability imparted onto this forum.  Keep up the good work and high standards.

You too, PD.

Wado (Cherokee)

Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman