News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 on the water?

Started by JohnR, June 10, 2009, 02:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Dear Mike,
Those are all photos of regular production locos- a variety of cabs and stacks.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

mmiller

sorry...maybe I wasn't clear...

I'm trying to ask which version is which? are there 2 different steel cabs? and do I have to get the Greenbrier version to get the "2 window" rather than the "3 window" steel cab?
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

rich19

What strikes (irritates?) me is the fact that good quality photographs from hobbyshops, distributors and the likes can be found on the web, but the manufacturer itself is not able to put a photo on its website.

maybe Bachmann should follow car manufacturers, movie makers etc who generally "build up" a hype via sneak previews, detail photographs etc.

renniks

It looks that the Greenbrier cab has an external blanking plate over,rather than 'glass' in, the front window aperture. Should be an easy alteration to any of the other steel cab versions.

Eric UK

Bucksco

Quote from: rich19 on July 02, 2009, 03:02:08 AM
What strikes (irritates?) me is the fact that good quality photographs from hobbyshops, distributors and the likes can be found on the web, but the manufacturer itself is not able to put a photo on its website.

maybe Bachmann should follow car manufacturers, movie makers etc who generally "build up" a hype via sneak previews, detail photographs etc.

We have posted images of the production versions of the 4-6-0 in the product database. These production samples were just received recently. We hesitate to post images of pre-production pieces since things can change during the manufacturing process. As the ship date gets closer we will post some detail images in the photo gallery.

Lemurien

Is the 460 biger then the 280 Consolidation, produced also by Bachmann?

C.S.R.R. Manager

Hey Lemunian, I did some size comparisons on the 4-6-0, using dimensioned line drawings printed to 1:48 scale.  The overall length of the 4-6-0 and 2-8-0 look to be very close, although the 4-6-0 has a longer boiler, and sits higher.  And keep in mind, this is just an estimate.  The actual model could be a bit different.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Gresham.Media/LocoComps#5224413858222673058

Here is the comp with the Mogul.  And thanks much for the link to the Japanese Hobby Shop with the 4-6-0 shots.  That got the anticipation rolling.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Gresham.Media/LocoComps#5224413857754381698