News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Interesting Project.

Started by Santa Fe buff, June 25, 2009, 12:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

Thanks I forgot  try www.modeltrainstuff.com I'll have a look around.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Santa Fe buff

Please excuse the double post. I hate doing this, but it's the only way to bump up the topic so I can get attention so I can calm a few problems. Okay, I was looking for some decoders... How about these for an Athearn DC locomotive, with a smaller shell, I was thinking on mounting everything on it's side, so that it might fit...

Main Decoder: http://www.digitrax.com/prd_mobdec_dh123d.php
Additional sound?: http://www.digitrax.com/prd_mobdec_sfx0416.php

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

pdlethbridge

I have used the 123 almost a dozen times in athearn and lifelike diesels. They have interchangable parts and the same set up. Very easy to work on but make sure to isolate the motor brush from the frame on the bottom. It is okay to flip the clips so the one with the fingers that touch the frame is on top.

Santa Fe buff

Thank you. I have some more problems. I need help in placement and installation of my parts.

Okay, here I go:

Where do I mount the MU Stand? How about the receptacle? How do I get the air hose to attach to the Athearn locomotive? I need to know where to cut. I would love to scan the parts, and show you with Photobucket, but my printer is broken, thanks to the computer. The Drivers won't install, and it's not the printer's or the need of updates fault.

I still need more parts. I need these so far:
- Details for fuel tank, please consult my prototype photo.
- Treads for the unit, already found, made by Cannon and Company.
- Step photo-etched parts for detailed step-ups.
- Drill bits, yes, it's money related.
- Putty, don't worry, got the place.
- Pen Vise drill.
- The decoders.
- EMD Grabs for rear, front, and that round one behind the last radiator fan.
- Styrene sheet.
- BN Green
- Engine Black
- Airbrush (preferred.)
- Glazed windows for EMD cab.
- Running lights, found.
- Powder Pastels
- Dullcoat

And a load of more stuff... (I keep finding more stuff by looking at the picture to buy.) I just hope I get that paper-boy job, I already filed out the application...

Joshua

- Joshua Bauer