Started by pdlethbridge, July 09, 2009, 02:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdlethbridge

I would like to see a dcc equipped h16-44
I would like to see a selection of sound equipped tenders
I would like to see diesels with sound
I hope I'm not asking for too much.

CNE Runner

We've been down this road several times before; but, OK, I'll play again. My wish list is:

- a DCC/sound equipped GP38-2,
- reissue of enhanced 'Old Time' rolling stock,
- a Spectrum (DCC/sound) Mogul,
- a Spectrum (DCC/sound) 'Old Time' 4-4-0 with a choice of woodburner or coal.

I guess we can all dream.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

jward

i'd like to see the h16-44 with dcc. an accurate gp50, the one bachmann now makes has gp40-2 radiators. perhaps an emd switcher, like the sw9 or sw1200. i know proto made those but they haven't been produced in years and are hard to find. last but certainly not least, how about an upgrade of the old train set f9 and u36b to current standards.

bachmann already makes most of the common locomotives of the era i model, and i appreciate it very much.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

RAM

I can think of three types of locomotives. 2-6-0, 2-6-2, and a 4-4-2.  All three would work on any layout and look good. 

OkieRick

Break with the norm and get realistic on the cost of DCC and sound on a loco.  $200 more for a 'top end' loco is a tad too much.

Okie

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

Frisco

How'bout a dare I even say it a.......new climax.....
I'd say at this point the number one locomotive on my HO scale list would be a Baldwin 2-8-2 logger, based off of Centralia-Chehalia's #15

It would go great with the current logging locomotives, and would also be at home on a shortline.

jettrainfan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ebtbob

Frisco,

I am with you on the 2-8-2.  Make in both HO and On30.   I would have at least one of each scale.
       Also,  as to the comment about sound equipped engines being to high at $200......figure the cost of the sound decoder being around $100 and approx cost of $50 for installation and programing,   what do you have left,  but an engine being in the $30-$40 range.   Not many great running engines with nice added on detail in that price range.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

rogertra

I'll vote for smaller locos.

2-6-0 - Modernised with piston valves and smooth domes using parts from the modern 4-4-0.

4-6-0 - Modernised with piston valve and smooth domes.  A reissue of the existing 4-6-0 using the cylinders and domes from the modern 4-4-0.

2-8-2 - Something other than USRA but generic looking.

2-8-0 - For goodness sake, don't stop making this loco.

2-6-2 - Only becuase some people seem to like them.

4-8-2 - Reissue both of them with metal boilers.

And P L E A S E no more articulateds and extra large locos.

Santa Fe buff

All I wants is a sound-equipped 0-6-0... or 0-8-0. I'll probably just hunt down a decoder, but it's a lot easier not to.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Chris350

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on July 09, 2009, 07:48:49 PM
All I wants is a sound-equipped 0-6-0... or 0-8-0. I'll probably just hunt down a decoder, but it's a lot easier not to.

Joshua
+1 undec with an oil vandy, so's I can add it to my SP/UP yard without anyone actually having to have a full run of each...  I know SP and UP get too much coverage already.  I need yard locos, not mainline draggers.  How about a good GP-7/9?  I have the P2K and it goes clunk clunk when it runs, and it's abeotch to shoehorn a sound decoder and speaker into it.  I done one and had to remove large amounts of counter-weight to make space for the speaker.  I want better.  All my stuff can come undec, since I'm very at home with an airbrush and Microscale products.   Heck for that matter they can be DCC/sound ready (decoder space and a speaker cavity), as I have no issues at all with opening em up and fiddling with their innerd's

OkieRick

Quote from: ebtbob on July 09, 2009, 04:55:03 PM
Frisco,

Also,  as to the comment about sound equipped engines being to high at $200......figure the cost of the sound decoder being around $100 and approx cost of $50 for installation and programing,   what do you have left,  but an engine being in the $30-$40 range.   Not many great running engines with nice added on detail in that price range.

I didn't say too high at $200.  I said at $200 more.  DCC and sound could be delivered for less than $100 easily if mfgrs would just do it.

An opinion, not an argument.

Rick

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

Chris350

Quote from: jettrainfan on July 09, 2009, 02:03:55 PM
climax and a hesier!
There was a Spectrum Climax.  Cute little bugger, slow as the dickens.  I suspect with the Shay's being re-released in DCC with sound we may see the climax return.
Riverossi made a pretty little Hiesler.  Neither had any room for a sound decoder though.

jettrainfan

As long as it runs I'll buy it! I spend all my time on eBay back before bachmann looking for those and Santa Fe coaches(i got the Santa Fe coaches but emptie handed with the other 2.) thanks for the info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account