News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

spectrum wish list

Started by pdlethbridge, July 09, 2009, 02:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylerf

Is this a just steam wish list or are my diesel wishes aloud too. If so I'm desprite for somebody to produce an affordable ES44ac. Sofar T55 was the only producer of them but with them gone the GEVOs aren't being produced anymore.

Frisco

Quote from: Tylerf on July 17, 2009, 11:17:36 AM
I'm desprite for somebody to produce an affordable ES44ac. Sofar T55 was the only producer of them but with them gone the GEVOs aren't being produced anymore.
Athearn got the Tower 55 tooling, they're upgrading all their locomotives, and they should be re introduced by 2010.

jettrainfan

Here is one i forgot, an 0-4-0 dockside steamer with DCC! or smokes :) i would love to have one that at least smokes! ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Tylerf

Quote from: Frisco on July 17, 2009, 10:04:45 PM
Quote from: Tylerf on July 17, 2009, 11:17:36 AM
I'm desprite for somebody to produce an affordable ES44ac. Sofar T55 was the only producer of them but with them gone the GEVOs aren't being produced anymore.
Athearn got the Tower 55 tooling, they're upgrading all their locomotives, and they should be re introduced by 2010.
I sure hope so, it would be worth the wait.

jward

maybe athearn could, just to be realistic, model the self destructing turbos that have palgues the latest ge units. it would be interesting to see them rolling along spitting pieces of turbo out the sides of the body..... ;D
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Rashputin

2-8-2 - Something other than USRA but generic looking.

I think the MoPac heavy Mikes from their 1400 series are generic looking for a beefy Mike and they're not USRA.  I'd love to see those, almost as much as NYC L2 engines.  Everyone on the NYC yahoo group has been ticked off by the latest round of L4 engines coming out from two different companies (BLI & MTH) without anyone ever making L2 engines except in ever increasing price brass.  I still can't understand how companies can ignore those engines while standing in line for their chance to sell the same engines everyone else is putting out.  I'd bet making L2 engines with all that nice plumbing hanging on their front end would make several other companies look pretty bad, especially if they're as nice as the USRA heavy Mountains are.

Smaller engines are also sorely lacking, that's for sure.  I think the Consol with different cabs, boiler detail changes, and different running gear would be a steady seller for Bachmann, as would Granger road 2-6-2s.  I know several people who have been waiting years for nice 2-6-2s for their Granger road layouts and running early diesel until they can either afford brass steamers (even in brass, 2-6-2s are pretty rare) or until someone finally makes a nice one.  A good Spectrum would fit the bill and probably sell well.   A 2-6-2 and a string of grain boxcars rolling along light rails during the harvest season is almost as much a trademark of US railroading as are the Big Boys and Challengers everyone seems to make, but you never see them modeled.  At least, I don't recall nice ones being available.

Regards

Rashputin

Oh, and one other thing, I run into PRR fans all the time and they're always          about there being no PRR engines available except large ones or expensive brass.  Has anyone ever run a PRR 2-8-2 or their 2-8-0?  If nothing else, Bachmann would be the default PRR supplier if they added the PRR Mike to their K4.  As many PRR layouts and fans as I've run into, that's not a small group to sell into, either.  Does anyone know how well the K4 has been selling for Bachmann?

Regards

pdlethbridge

Rashputin, Please watch your language, thanks

jettrainfan

"...and they're always ******** about there..." cussing is not the right thing here :( it could get you in serious trouble here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Stephen D. Richards

Chris350,   I believe the correct word would be..complaining...not b******g!     Stephen

pdlethbridge

would you like to be reported to the moderator? >:(

Chris350

Quote from: Stephen D. Richards on July 18, 2009, 09:44:12 PM
Chris350,   I believe the correct word would be..complaining...not b******g!     Stephen
hmm read right over that one....

john tricarico

im still waiting and waiting for the the FL9

and of course big pennsy steamers

john t  brooklyn ny

Stephen D. Richards

Point made.....point taken!       Stephen