News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

spectrum wish list

Started by pdlethbridge, July 09, 2009, 02:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

Chris, that  P2K that goes clunk clunk when it runs, I think has a broken  gear.  do a search for nwsl gears.

jettrainfan

Quote from: rogertra on July 09, 2009, 05:56:50 PM
I'll vote for smaller locos.

2-6-0 - Modernised with piston valves and smooth domes using parts from the modern 4-4-0.

4-6-0 - Modernised with piston valve and smooth domes.  A reissue of the existing 4-6-0 using the cylinders and domes from the modern 4-4-0.

2-8-2 - Something other than USRA but generic looking.

2-8-0 - For goodness sake, don't stop making this loco.

2-6-2 - Only becuase some people seem to like them.

4-8-2 - Reissue both of them with metal boilers.

And P L E A S E no more articulateds and extra large locos.

it's a wish list :), let them say what they want(on topic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

JDLX

I will third the motion for a Baldwin logging mike, something along the lines of the CC&C #15 featured, or McCloud River #14, #15, or #18, or Rayonier #70, or a bunch of others...very, very common locomotive in the logging and shortline world, but it's only been done in model form in a couple of brass 70-ton mikes imported a few years back.  Sure would be nice to see the 90-ton version made in HO scale...but I've said that for many years now. 

Maybe next year.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Santa Fe buff

Usually, for small locomotives, some people would add another car with the sound decoder in it, mostly by permanently connecting the two.

As for articulated... Walthers already covers it. N&W 2-6-6-2, Mallet. I won't ask for that... Besides, Roger doesn't want any. ;)

Besides, most of the BIG steam is already covered my the bigger or even companies. (No offense Bachmann... I still like you guys. :)) I, and Ryan would like some E-units. Though Walthers is making the E-units, they aren't doing the stuff my and Ryan want. Ryan: CB&Q E5 (9911A). Me: The E3 DEMOSTRATOR... 8)

Walthers already covers my other choice, the E7, soon to be in my preferred paint scheme... C&O.

I still stick with the 0-6-0, but the E5 is a dream.

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/emd822.jpg
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/diesel9.html -Land of the Es...

Joshua

- Joshua Bauer

jward

like like released an e6 several yaers back. it would make a good starting point for modelling either the e3 or the e5. of the two, i think the e5 would be more difficult as you'd have to find a way to model the fluted stainless steel side panels. both, though, are beautiful locomotives. EMD all the way!
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Pacific Northern

Have not the readers of this forum not read that the new release by Bachmann in the Spectrum line is a new 2-6-6-2?

Go to the model railroader forum for pics and more info.
Pacific Northern

Santa Fe buff

Uh, I already know that, it's the C&O version, and I'm drolling over her. ;)

Bachmann has it's fair share of big steam.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Chris350

Quote from: RAM on July 10, 2009, 04:04:49 PM
Chris, that  P2K that goes clunk clunk when it runs, I think has a broken  gear.  do a search for nwsl gears.
yeah that's what I figured.  I have two that need re-gearing, and lot's of other projects that hold precedence.  I actually believe wajthers will still warranty those gears.

rogertra

Quote from: jettrainfan on July 10, 2009, 06:03:51 PM
Quote from: rogertra on July 09, 2009, 05:56:50 PM
I'll vote for smaller locos.

2-6-0 - Modernised with piston valves and smooth domes using parts from the modern 4-4-0.

4-6-0 - Modernised with piston valve and smooth domes.  A reissue of the existing 4-6-0 using the cylinders and domes from the modern 4-4-0.

2-8-2 - Something other than USRA but generic looking.

2-8-0 - For goodness sake, don't stop making this loco.

2-6-2 - Only becuase some people seem to like them.

4-8-2 - Reissue both of them with metal boilers.

And P L E A S E no more articulateds and extra large locos.

it's a wish list :), let them say what they want (on topic)

Your point is? 

My list was a wish list as well and nobody was preventing anyone from stating their wishes.

Again, what's your point?

sparkyjay31

Can we simply lop off a 6 and a 2 and get a Spectrum 2-6-0?
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

Santa Fe buff

Let's kick in a Decoder, maybe sound? Then add that Bachmann charm... ;)

I'm not sure what the charm is, perhaps it's what makes them so durable, or is it what makes the plastic melt in brake fluid. No, it's the durability, it probably just the compounds of the plastic, yup, that's it.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

pdlethbridge

I had asked before, suggested, that tenders alone with sound be made available.

Steve Magee

Separate tenders are an excellent idea - sound could be an option. BUT. I would much rather see a steam loco designed with the idea of sound from the get-go, with the speaker arrangeent in the boiler. It stil sounds odd to me to listen  to the sounds coming from the tender.

And on the subject of articulateds, yes I want one, and its a biggie - nobody yet does a 2-8-8-4 Yellowstone, and unlike the Big Boy, was in service on 3 roads that I know of. So DM&IR, Rio Grande and B&O fans, lets get with the action!! :-)

Steve Magee

TexasChief

Howabout a railroad specific SANTA FE 2-8-2 and/or 4-6-4 in Spectrum. an awfully large number of people model the SF. It's not like they'd get stuck with thousands of them in overstock. And please make them traction tire optional so we don't end up with a remake of the Genesis version.

Dick
Texas Chief
Santa Fe All The Way!

FECfan

Well,

#1 Santa Fe 2-6-2

#2 B&M P4 4-6-2

#3 A Canadian National 2-6-0

#4 A Heisler

#5 A D&RGW M-64 4-8-4

#6 A Chicago and Northwestern 4-4-2