News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My Dad's Old Train-Northern Express

Started by 1jcarter, July 09, 2009, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1jcarter

My Father recently passed and left me with an old train that I can't find any info about. I figured this would be the best place to ask. Anyway, it is a Bachmann Big Hauler G-scale called the Northern Express. It is a complete set in the box. The box is blue and a little beat up. I remember it as a kid but don't know how old it is or an approx. value. Does anyone know anything about this train? Thanks for you help. ~Jen

Joe Satnik

Loco Bill Canelos has a list of Big Hauler sets in this thread:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7151.0.html

I'd guess that you have set 90095.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Loco Bill

Been away for a week and didn't see this.  Based on the info you gave Joe is right, the set is 90095.  You will find this number on one side of the box.  If you see a different number, let us know.  The set was in the catalog from 1993 to 1997.  Unfortunately the set has a locomotive with a less than great drive train in it, and all the cars have plastic wheels. 

If you decided to sell it, be sure to test it first, and tell buyers that it runs ok(if it does) and that may bring you more money.  The set is not rare as many were made between 1993&1997.   They seem to sell between $60 and $120 dollars on Ebay depending on condition and the mood of the bidders.   Right now is not the best time to sell, due to the poor economic conditions,  seems like everything is going at lower prices than normal on Ebay.  If you must sell it try to wait till October/November as things seem to bring a better price in the months before christmas!! 

Good luck with your train set!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products