Hope new Bachmann GP7's will have correct numbers?

Started by Thommo, July 11, 2009, 02:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thommo

I know much more about Pennsy locomotives than B&O, PRRTHS is very active and is a great source of data for all PRR stuff.

I know about Pennsy class for diesels, but I do not bother to remember. Builder classes allways tend to be known to everybody, not only Pennsy freaks! ;D

As I live in Europe, Internet is my only source of US railroad info, so I have to agree with you about that!

jward

i am lucky enough to live 100 feet from the former pennsy mainline, that of the b&o and nyc (p&le) is at the bottom of the hill maybe 1/4 mile away.

what part of the prr are you modelling?

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Thommo

What part? Hmm, eastern part, that is for sure! But no particular locale, I think of my layout as some "could have been" PRR branch with B&O interchange. Works for me! :D

I also like Lehigh Valley diesel colors, but I am not sure there is locale where all three railroads came to the same region.

jward

you may not know this but the lehigh valley was owned by the pennsy. all 3 railroads came into buffalo ny from different directions. i am not familiar enough with buffalo to say if they were all in the same part of town. but i do know that on the west side of town there was an area where pennsy, b&o, nickle plate, new york central, erie and the south buffalo rr were all side by side.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

pdlethbridge

it was the same in Rochester. The Lehigh Valley, Pennsy and Lackawanna came in along side the Genesee River from the south. When I first came to Rochester, the trestle to the Lehigh Valley station was still there but was removed when Time- Warner cable moved in to town. The station is still there as well as the platforms. The New York Central came through in a east west fashion. The B&O came from the west and ended at Main and Broad St. The station is still there being used by Nick Tahoe's who serve the world famous 'Garbage Plate'. The NYC and B&O track is still used, but the other three got pulled up years ago.

Thommo

Hey, any new info/pics of the Bachmann GP7 out there? ???

tonycook1966

Quote from: Frisco on July 21, 2009, 09:34:31 PM
What will the UP one have on the side of the cab? Just the number, or route of the streamliners? Can't wait for these to come  ;D!

You may see the Union Pacific GP7 here...

http://ho-scaletrains.net/id37.html

Thanks
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
ho-scaletrains.net

john tricarico

hi tony

thanks for the GP7 pic      front range  possilly?

by the way love your website  its great

still waiting for the GP7 to be realeased

i would still like mr bachmann to give a more definate release date

good luck          john t  brooklyn ny 

murfling

Where can I finda  list of the GP7's being produced?  I would like a Boston & Maine in Maroon.

ABC

Quote from: murfling on November 18, 2009, 07:10:15 PM
Where can I find a list of the GP7's being produced?  I would like a Boston & Maine in Maroon.
List of DCC Equipped EMD GP7 Locomotives made by Bachamnn
PRR #8542, Union PacificĀ® #6411, ChessieĀ® #6411, B&O #6414, New York Central #5608, & Clinchfield #908 (gray & yellow)
Or click on the link below...
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?searchStr=gp7&act=viewCat&Submit=Go

Thommo

Hmmmmm... picture from the link above still points to wrong PRR number... ???

Hope the production models will have right number, #8805, as mr. Bach Man promissed!

ABC

Quote from: Thommo on November 20, 2009, 07:35:31 AM
Hmmmmm... picture from the link above still points to wrong PRR number... ???
Hope the production models will have right number, #8805, as Mr. Bach Man promised!
It is regular practice to use the same image to represent multiple items when the only difference is the road number. The picture most likely will always be of the older model, because there is no need to take another picture just because it has a different number.

jward

my guessis that the locomotive pictured was a pre production sample, and that once they realized they had the wrong number they made the change on the production run.

it is nice that they care about correcting things like this. it wasn't so long ago that manufacturers didn't care whether the numbers were accurate or not.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Willamette Southern

Has anyone heard of plans to produce units in Southern Pacific (Black Widow!) paint schemes? Those of us on the "left coast" would line up to get some......