News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track Insulators

Started by jesse, April 05, 2007, 07:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesse

Before someone tells me to look in the catalog....been there; done that ;D

I would like to know if Bachmann makes the little plastic rail insulators used for creating traffic blocks, etc.  I am using exclusively the Bachmann EZ Track system; also, are the insulators made by other mfgrs compatible with EZ Track.  Thanks,

Jesse
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

lanny

Jesse,

I'm sure you will get some more 'specific' answers to your question. I use Atlas flex track and the plastic insulators I use to create blocks for my DC/Analog layout sure don't appear to me as though they would work with Bachmann EZ track ... unless you did a major amount of carving with an eXacto knife. Even then I kind of doubt it would work.

Surely someone manufactures what you need ... or some one on the forum can give you a good suggestion on how to insulate your track.

hope you get it worked out.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

ebtbob

Jesse,

I do not see any reason why the plastic rail joiners from both Atlas and Peco would not work on your EZ track.   The only real problem for you is removing any of the metal joiners in the case that you would want to gap both rails.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

jesse

Thanks, Bob and Lanny.  But this brings up another question from a newbie.  Just how does Bachmann arrange their EZ Track to support blocks and insulated turnouts, etc....a puzzlement for sure.  With their reputation and the number of modlers using EZ Track, this must have come up before in a forum or two.

Jesse

Nigel

Hi Jesse;

Atlas plastic (and metal) rail joiners will fit E-Z track, and are available at most hobby shops.  Sometimes you need to replace the metal joiner due to damage.  My rail joiner removal technique is to use two needle nose pliers: one to hold the rail, while I pull the joiner off with the other.  If you try to just pull the joiner off without holding the rail, the rail will come off the section of track.

Most people with "sophisticated" layouts do not use E-Z track.  Many people use a combination of E-Z track, other sectional track and flex track to make thier desired layout.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

jesse

Thanks for all the helpful hints and tips.  I had a post on the general topics page and Mr. Bachmann tells me that the EZ Track system comes with a section of track that has already been gapped.  I think I will go that route instead of trying to make like a dentist and pull the teeth out of the rails ;D  All I need to do now is find that section in my catalog.

Jesse

Gene P.

Hello! I've used the Atlas plastic joiners with great success. The only trouble is removing the metal joiners on the EZ- Track. Use caution when pulling the metal ones off, if you use too much force the whole rail can slide out off the roadbed. But, they do work. Make sure you get the code 100 joiners, as that is what EZ-Track is.
Twin Forks R.R.