New Silver series HO products

Started by Stephen Warrington, April 05, 2007, 08:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Warrington

I just recently picked up a new Silver Series 250 ton crane and boom tender, I was very surprised and impressed with these new models over the old standard line stuff.

I have owned and ran bachmann spectrum series locomotives for years starting with the 2-8-0 but these new MoW cars really took me fora suprise, couplers mounted at the proper height and metal wheels in proper guage. Very nice job in deed and very crisp paint.

what really shocked me was the two 51' floodlight cars, I picked up for $5.99 new on line. The flood lights actuallywork on these unlike on the older ones where I could never get them to work and I finallygave them away.

two thumbs up Bachmann.

Stephen

Paul M.

Where did you get them for $5.99? At that price , I'd get a couple of them..

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Stephen Warrington

Hi Paul,

I found them on M.B. Klein's site under Special Deals in the HO section.
http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/category_s/1020.htmthey have alot of good deals hidden in there on Bachmann stuff. My last two orders was from First hobby to get two ICG cabeese for a steal at $34.00 each from Centralia Car shops.

Stephen

BaltoOhioRRfan

We have how many of those Floodlight cars?! I knew we had alot but not 39 of em. Then again I did see cases of them when in the warehouse.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Guilford Guy

I just got the lot in the mail yesterday and I must agree with Steve in that they are very nice. Here is a little teaser for Steve  ;) :) ;D 8) ;) :)

Oh and is it okay if there is a logo on the back?
Alex

Guilford Guy

Here are a few more. A bit of weathering is done, Body mounted 158's, Paint and logos. Just got to add the number and IC  and I'll mail her out ASHAP.

Alex

Stephen Warrington

Very nice Sir Alex,

Can't wait to see the finished product and once again thanks so much for doing these  for me.

Stephen

Guilford Guy

Well Steve here is the finished product!
If you want me to tone down the rust on the frame its easily done.

Alex

Stephen Warrington

;D Very fine work will look great behind my new Hallmark brass IC 2-8-0.

Stephen

Guilford Guy

Heres some more for you Steve ;D
Ill put the finishing coat on tomorrow.

Alex

Stephen Warrington

Looking good my dear friend. and once again thanks for doing them for me.

Steve

Hoople

Very nice. I think I should get some floodlight cars.

Alex, Nice weathering!
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

Craig

I got each of my kids a Silver Series floodlight car and neither works. The light is poorly designed, featuring a piece of wire wrapped around the base of the lamp holder to serve as a wiper. I have no idea if these are "New" Silver Series but they don't work and were very disappointing.

Stephen Warrington

Hi Craig,

The new Silver Series has a differant setup I think. I know I had two of the old ones and they never did work, In fact I gave them to a friend for a old Tyco one that did lol. I don't have them in front of me right now they are in MA at my off line paint shop. I will have to ask Alex to look and see how those are made.

Stephen

Guilford Guy

Steve- They have to metal strips, one contacts the bottom and one on the  side. They swivel and still maintain a constant light beam.
Alex