Any pics of the new DD40AX posted anywhere yet?

Started by davidone, July 26, 2009, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidone

Need pics, i can't wait for my 2 to come.

Dave

David Leonard

There are small photos in the products section here. I copied to my computer, sharpened, and I can see that the models have finer detail and good paint jobs, but the pilot and truck are still one swiveling unit. I guess we knew all that anyway.

davidone

Yea, i would have preferred the closed or non-swinging pilot but i just hope it looks good, hard to tell from the pics. on this site.

Dave

Williamson

Quote from: davidone on July 26, 2009, 01:25:10 AM
Need pics, i can't wait for my 2 to come.

Dave

Pic by Daniel Levitt from the Amherst show earlier this year:

The new one is on the right. The hoods still kinda fat, but better.

Mark

GNFA277

Had I seen this pic before I ordered, I would NOT have ordered. THIS is what B'mann calls 're-designing and tooling'?  ???   :-\

Stick to steam Bachmann... you do, and have done, much better.

C855B

Dunno 'bout that... looks like a huge improvement to me. Check the handrail stantions, for one. Side views of the cab and rear shots of the hood from the same photog are more telling, though.

And not meaning to create grief for our host, especially in light of his generous acknowledgment of shipping status... but has anybody seen these in shops yet? The silence in "the usual places" is disconcerting.

David Leonard

These things are still a couple of months away, according to previously posted Bachmann information. The arrival announcement nelow must have been meant for the HO Forum, since the HO models have indeed arrived.

herc driver

It is frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a straight answer.  My Local Hobby Store owner said July 31, but now, no longer knows when they'll arrive (according to his sources).  I've read several speculated dates on various websites...but after waiting almost a year from initial order, it sure would be great to get some concrete idea when these will arrive.

Bucksco

They are in the warehouse and will ship to dealers in the next 3 or 4 days.

davidone

How do you know? Do you work for Bachmann?  Hey Bach Man what is the answer?

Dave

Bucksco

Sorry Dave. Kept meaning to change my signature line. Done.

herc driver

Well that is some outstanding information - thank you!  I've been waiting a long time to finally get one of these, and am glad the wait will soon be over.

Thanks again for the timely information.

GNFA277

July 23rd per the 'Bach Man' - DD-40s Have Arrived.

Aug. 7th - The HO may be here... but the N-scale is STILL nowhere in sight.

??? :o  ???

P.S. - warehouses do not count.  :P

skipgear

I checked at the store today and Horizon Hobby shows end of the month for the N scale, no date at all on the HO.

Walthers shows indefinite for both (meaning they don't know when).
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

C855B

As of this afternoon, MB Klein (modeltrainstuff.com) is showing six of each number in stock.