Need help choosing which metal Reboxx wheel sets I need

Started by Stephen Warrington, April 06, 2007, 04:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Warrington

???Hi guys,

I need a little ok maybe alot of help here. I went to the REBOXX site to look for metal wheels for some older Bachmann cranes 3 axle trucks and the site doesn't list a axle length for that truck it seems the Kadee 33" I have fit pretty tight and I can't get the Reboxx tool in their to clean out the axle holes.

I also have three TYCO cranes that are in need of metal wheels and they will be reapainted and detailed.
www.Reboxx.com
Thanks,
Stephen

SteamGene

I haven't gone to the Reboxx site, but if they list axle lengths, measure the axle length of the wheels you have now.  If they are free rolling, use that length.  If not, go the next length smaller.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

ebtbob

Stephen,

I used the Reboxx link you provided to see what was showing on the Bachmann portion and indeed,  the big N/A for the Buckeye trucks.   Now you say the Kadee 33 inch wheels are a tight fit,  so try Proto 2000 or Intermountain wheel sets.   Actually Reboxx are Intermountain,  just in various axle lengths,  so if a Reboxx was supposedly going to fit,  then just maybe the straight Intermountain will work just fine.   BTW......having retrucked over two hundred HO freight cars with EB trucks and Intermountain wheels,  not one time did I ever ream out the side frames.   I do not even own that little tool.   

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Stephen Warrington

Thanks guys,
For the suggestions if I could ever find my little fancy measuring tool I could measure the axles but it and my pin vise both seemed to have vanished sinceI have been sick.

Most of my trucks didn't need a tool to ream them out but I got a batch of Bowser hoppers awhile back and no matter what wheel sets I tried the trucks seemed to have the brakes locked so the reamer came in handy there.

Thanks

Stephen