News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DDA40X in 'da house

Started by r0bert, July 31, 2009, 05:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r0bert

They have ARRIVED!!!!!
Dual Speaker enclosures in the fuel tank is an unexpected treat, as is the DCC decoder of the 8-pin variety, not part of the lightboard.
Paint is sharp, screens and fans painted brown, nice touch.
wish it had a solid pilot, but it has to be that way to run on our tighter curves. My only initial dissapiontment is the same oversized yellow LED for the roof beacon,  and the horns have always seemed to be too big to me.
Have'nt got to play with it yet, but looking foreward to it.

r0bert

Tylerf

Aww.... Makes me regret spending months detailing and re-wiring to the old undecorated version when they go and do that to the model! Very nice loco, very nice layout as well. Thanks for sharing.

jward

very nice, but will it take 15" radius curves.....lol?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jonathan

Went to your photobucket album.  Enjoyed it very much.  Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Jonathan

rdc_jay

Nice...but.  The upgraded innards definitely look good but the thick cab wall, LED and open pilot put me off.  To do the under the hood improvements justice it'd been cool to have a thin(ner) walled cab, more realistic beacon and pilot.  I was kind of hoping for more at that price point.

Robert...enjoy!  If I were into detailing as you are (witness your older run photos) it'd be a great jumping off point. 

r0bert

thankx, there will be a photo essay of the detailing and fixes to bring this loco up to my specs, and addressing those very items. but not on the A forum, it would fall on deaf ears (eyes), I guess the want brass detail at  bagin basement prices.

rdc_jay

;D  I wouldn't let the 'A' forum malcontents get you down.  This hobby is filled with folks who have champagne tastes on a beer budget.  It's your hobby to enjoy however you do it.

I'd be interested in seeing your photo essay.  As said, the innards look to be a big improvement, the paintwork looks good and from my view only the cab, beacon and pilot need work to make it into a better model.  I'm not sure where to get the parts to do that and even if I did, no place to do the painting.  That's why I was hoping for something a bit better out of the box (think that other 'A' brand since the prices are comparable).