News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Short drawbar in Acela train set

Started by kbell1958, September 24, 2009, 04:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbell1958

I recently purchased the HO Acela train set. However, only one of the locomotives had the short drawbar attached. I found some other drawbars in plastic bags with the cars, but they are the long ones. I've also purchased some Acela cars separately, but they also only come with the long drawbars.  I looked in the Order Parts section on the Bachmann website, but the only drawbar I found was the long one.  Where can I find a short one to attach my second loco to the other end of the train? I'll use a long one if necessary, but would prefer the short one if I can find one.  Thanks!!

jonathan

kbell,

Not sure I understand your question.  I have the HO Acela Train Set, and have purchased extra cars as well.  By "drawbar" are you refering to the european-style coupler mechanism?  I was unaware there were shorter couplers available.  I have only seen one size available.  I called the parts dept when I needed some replacement couplers.  No one asked me what size, and I got exactly what came with the original cars.

If those couplers were any shorter, my cars wouldn't be able to negotiate my 24" radius curves.

Sorry if I misunderstood.  Really want to help if possible.  I really like that set.

Regards,

Jonathan

kbell1958

Thanks Jonathan.  In the plastic package with the couplers is a piece of paper with two diagrams. It says short drawbar between loco & coach and long between coaches. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.  Thanks for replying.  Keith

jonathan

Sorry, you are absolutely correct.  I understand, now.  It's been so long since I assembled the set, I forgot about the shorter bars for the engines.  I suspect, if you call the service dept, they would be happy to send out a short draw bar if they have one.  I have had good luck with them with nit noid pieces.

There have been numerous runs of this set.  There must be plenty of spare parts as well.

Regards,

Jonathan

kbell1958

Thanks for the advice. I emailed the service department and they're sending me the short drawbar for the second loco.

Keith