News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

software for design tracks ?

Started by Pierre, August 17, 2009, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pierre

Hello,
I'm French and I'm very interested by bachmann's products.
I have to design my future rails tracks and I would like to know if a software exist to design tracks with the bachmann's products.
In case of no, where can I find the exact dimensions of the parts of tracks ?

Thank you.
(excuse my bad american-english !)

simkon

Pierre, les empreintes de chemin de fer Bachmann ont des dimensions standard, donc vous pouvez utiliser la plupart des programmes de concevoir des dispositions de chemin de fer modèles. Pouvais je suggérer celui de l'Atlas. J'espère que cela aide et que tout mon français était correct. Faites-moi savoir si j'ai fait des erreurs. Voici un site Internet: http://www.atlasrr.com/righttrack.htm
For those who aren't from Quebec or somewhere else where French is spoken readily, I suggested that he try the software from Atlas.

Robertj668

Pierre

I purchased from a company called anyrail

http://www.anyrail.com/index_en.html

Their software includes bachmann E-Ztrack, which I use and also includes other manufactures as well.  I like it because they have the part numbers of each track.

They have a limited free trial and the full copy is not that expensive.

Robert

Pierre

Thank you very much !
That's perfect.

And for the french it's better like my american !

merci encore à vous !

simkon

It took a bit to remember how to get the accent grave and the cedilla, its been a while since I last had French (4 years in high school, 2 courses in college). I think I'm Frenched out now. Votre accueil, amuser!

jsmvmd

Dear Sim,

I see you are from "Yunks Tahn" as we in western PA used to say !  That reference to Titusville brings back memories !  Of Drake's first oil well, that is.  Used to have relatives who lived near Youngstown Sheet & Tube.

For the life of me I do not find the Atlas software to be idiot friendly, of which I am one.  I usually just lay the track by hand and cut to fit as needed.  Would prefer if I could figure out the software, but this dinosaur chooses not to be computer savvy.

Best Wishes,

Jack

P.S. I enjoyed the French, as I used to date a lass from Sherbrooke, PQ.

renniks

Pierre,

I also use Anyrail and find it far better than the Alas software and much easier to use than any of the CAD type software.  And for your benefit Anyrail is published by a French company.

Eric UK

simkon

Quote from: jsmvmd on August 17, 2009, 06:08:26 PM
I see you are from "Yunks Tahn" as we in western PA used to say !  That reference to Titusville brings back memories !  Of Drake's first oil well, that is.  Used to have relatives who lived near Youngstown Sheet & Tube.
I'm from Canfield, Ohio technically, just a bit better.

CNE Runner

Pierre - I would also like to say I use AnyRail as well and find it easy and helpful. As Eric pointed out there is a track library for Bachmann EZ track. Additionally, I think the program is available in several languages. I wish I remembered enough of my 8 years of French to write this in that language...but alas, I do not.

Bon chance,
Raymon
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Chris350

Note that Anyrail is not Mac friendly.  Yeah I know I'm a minority apparently.  ::)

CNE Runner

That's OK Chris, I went through the same separation anxiety when I left the Mac world. Unless Bill Gates buys more of Apple Computer, you will have greater difficulties in the future...even Madison Avenue is changing to PCs. This is sad - given the fact that Macs are so intuitive.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"