Dynamis controller problem

Started by kfishe2, August 21, 2009, 07:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfishe2

I tried to turn my Dynamis controller on last night and got a total blank screen with no lights on.  I know the battery light hadnt been on, but thinking I might have left it turned on for a few days I changed the batteries out.  With the new batteries in, the controller came to life! But every icon on the screen is lit up and its like the controller wont boot up all the way.  It will just sit there with the screen lit and all the icons illuminated.
Is there some way to reset the controller?

OkieRick

I have a Dynamis (not Pro) also.  I've never run across this.  I'd power everything down, reconnect the Dynamis to the track then plug n the Dynamis and try the controller again.

You may get a tip or hint from Bachmann tech but I'd ask Bach Man here first.

Okie
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

the Bach-man

Dear K,
If powering everything down and restating doesn't help, contact the service department. Are you sure the batteries are in right?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Rickenbacker 325

same thing happened to me but the lights do not go on :'( :'( :-\ :-\

kfishe2

The controller wont power on if the batteries are incorrectly installed.  They are def. in correctly.  I sent an email to the service dept. on Thursday and havent heard anything as of yet.

the Bach-man

Dear K,
Are you pressing the STOP button after all the icons appear? (Thanks to Hunt for this reminder!).
Have fun!
the Bach-man

kfishe2

Ive tried pressing every different button on the controller with no luck.  The controller should go through a boot phase with a startup screen that says "Dynamis DCC" for a few seconds, and then you will get the screen with your active engine where you have to press "stop".  Mine wont even get through that boot phase with the startup screen.

kfishe2

Quote from: James The Brave on August 23, 2009, 01:40:34 AM
same thing happened to me but the lights do not go on :'( :'( :-\ :-\

I spoke with Tom at Tech Support the other day and he said for me to send the controller back for a replacement.