News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Heavy Mountain

Started by Pacific Northern, August 28, 2009, 06:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I just received my latest Spectrum engine a Heavy Mountain.

There is an additional set of trailing trucks included with the engine.

When did Bachmann start to include extra trailing trucks,?

I have other Specctrum heavy mountains and they did not come with an extra trailing truck.

Pacific Northern

jbsmith

maybe you got one that was packed right around quiting time Friday or
first thing Monday morning!

Sounds like a packing error at the factory,,but a bonus for you! ;D

GN.2-6-8-0

Take a close look at both trailing trucks they most likely will be different styles
Most common on later engines were the  Delta type but earlier locomotives could have been equipped with the Hodges ....believe thats correct' type truck.
This gives you a choice of trucks 
Rocky Lives

Pacific Northern

Yes, I notice there is a difference between the two trailing trucks.

My question was how long has Bachmann been including the USRA and Delta trailing trucks?

I even went back and rechecked the boxes to see if I had missed them.

Pacific Northern

GN.2-6-8-0

Seems to me that extra parts were includede with some of the undec. models giving the modelers a bit more choice of the different protoypes produced.
Rocky Lives

Pacific Northern

Good assumption, yes many of the undecorated had additional parts over and above a complete engine.

However, this engine is not undecorated, it is the Norfork model.

I have a unpainted Light Mountain and it did not come with an optional/additional trailing truck.

Mr. Bach Man are you listening?
Pacific Northern

Atlantic Central

After the release of the USRA light 2-10-2 Bachmann decided to include both style of trailing truck with both the 2-10-2 and the 4-8-2 Heavy. So only those two locos, produced after a specific time point, came with both trucks.

Many modelers would love to get their hands on a bunch of the delta trailing trucks, myself included. But I would want to do my intire fleet of 6 heavy Mountains and two 2-6-6-2's or do none at all.

Sheldon

Pacific Northern

Atlantic Central

Thanks, that makes sense. 

I have both of the Spectrum Mountain engines and am very satisfied with them.  I wonder why Bachmann has stopped production of the Light Mountain engines?
Pacific Northern