Has the 0-6-0T w/DCC been quietly canceled?

Started by railtwister, September 03, 2009, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

Mr Bachmann,

I looked on the Bachmann site for the Spectrum 0-6-0T w/DCC Onboard that was announced in the 2009 catalog and I don't see it. I also couldn't find it on the Walthers site using a search for 0-6-0 and 0-6-0T under mfr #160 (Bachmann). Has the production of this loco been quietly from the 2009 lineup due to the ongoing economic downturn or some other reason?

Bill

renniks

Bill,

The onsite products list has not been updated to include new products.
The Walthers site is not "the Bible".

Eric UK

CNE Runner

Eric - Now I see what you were talking about in another posting! Ray definitely wants one of these. Now I am kicking myself for buying that second Mantua 0-6-0T on eBay.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Santa Fe buff

Ray,
Don't kick too hard, you could (In theory...) try to install a micro decoder in the Mantua locomotive, and then double head...

I'm not sure what decoder would be nice, the smallest Soundtraxx has is the TSU-700. I think Bachmann's motor will burn that out, but I don't know about Mantua.

I think that would work.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Jim Banner

railtwister,
I had a hard time finding them too.  They are not under DCC-Equipped Steam Locomotives or under DCC-Sound Equipped Locomotives.  But if you go to Products | H0 Scale | Steam Locomotives, and then enter 0-6-0 (without the T) into the search, the 0-6-0T with DCC on board will be on page 4.  Not too logical, which makes me wonder if those pages are really meant to be in the on-line catalogue or whether they are just in a holding pattern until the 0-6-0T/DCC comes out.  That is a pretty common thing to do on websites, and it you know how to access them, there are often all kinds of interesting things that the author is not ready to release to the public yet.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

CNE Runner

Yesterday I did a Google search for the Bachmann 0-6-0T and found a dealer in Germany who had them and would ship to the U.S. Personally, I think I will wait until someone on this side of the pond has them in stock.

Ray

PS: I just followed Jim's directions and found the little jewel on this website...now I am drooling on my shirt!
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Jim Banner

Drooling on your shirt isn't so bad.  At least you can wash it.  Now about my drooling on the keyboard till the smoke comes out ...

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.