News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DD40X Programming

Started by bkobielusz, September 02, 2009, 07:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkobielusz

Hi All
  I agree this is a nice running and looking and I am happy I bought it,  but the initial DCC programming is quirky such as the Front headlight is on while running in reverse and the strobe coming on with the front headlight.  F1 looks to control Rule 17 dimming which is nice but it also dims the strobe. I looked thru the web site and can not find documentation on the decoder being used in this unit.  Anyone out there know where to find it?  I just packed my Digitrax system and sent it in for repairs so if anyone has the steps to reprogram the decoder to get the strobe on its own F control and at a better flash rate and to get the front headlight off when running in reverse let me know I would appreciate it.  If they would just do a run on the companion DD35 that would be a nice bonus that would look good together.   
Thanks Brad

C855B

Unfortunately, what you see is what you get. The DCC is standard 8-wire NMRA plug-compatible, with no extra functions for the strobe. The strobe is connected in parallel with the front headlight, with flash pattern determined by circuitry on the main board. You might be able to program a CV to turn off the front headlight (and strobe) while in reverse, but that's a guess since I don't have a chart for the decoder, either.

Anything more complex means a complete rewire and pretty much tossing the board that came with it.

igoldberg

I just spoke to tech support at Bachmann requesting that the CV information for the DDA40X be posted so we can solve the light problem.
I was told he would post the request, but did not know what they would do.  Hopefully they weill be responsive to our requests.