News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

climax steamer

Started by mf5117, September 09, 2009, 01:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf5117

are there any models of the all-wheel drive climax steamer . I think it was manufactured around the early 1900's , and was more for work and not speed . I believe they had 2 4wheel all-drive trucks . good looking steamer for the era

also around that period there was a couple of other all wheel drive steam locomotives .but i can't remember their names  & models .       peace to all

mf5117

excuse me I should have ask , any HO models of the climax all-wheel drive steamer

thanks   mark f

simkon

bachmann formerly had one in production

ebtnut

All-wheel drive = geared locomotives, of which the Climax was one.  Bachmann recently produced a model of a Class B Climax, and you can still find some on dealer's shelves.  They also produce a 3-truck Shay.  AHM did a large Heisler a number of years ago.  There was also a Class A Climax.  These were the original engines built by Climax.  They looked kind of like a boiler and water tank mounted on a flat car with a roof.  The two-cylinder engine was behind the firebox, and drove the trucks via a crankshaft down the underside of the frame.