News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoders in 2-6-2 Prarie

Started by Logan_Southern/SP, July 10, 2009, 10:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan_Southern/SP

It appears that the instructions for my Bachman 2-6-2 Prarie have either disapeared, or were omitted from the package.  I am attempting to put a Digitrax decoder (N Scale sized due to how small the locomotive is) into the locomotive.  This became a problem, due to the fact that I couldn't take the engine appart.  Anyone have a scan of the instructions?
The best thing about Model Railroading;  The flags that have fallen will fly high again.

Logan_Southern/SP

in addition the locomotive i'm looking for is item no. 51511.  I can get most of the body unmounted, but I cannot seem to get the front of the boiler off the chasis.
The best thing about Model Railroading;  The flags that have fallen will fly high again.

Jim Banner

Once you have released the back of the cab and lifted it slightly, try gently pushing the shell forward.  It may be held down by the weight.  Also check for a screw down through the smoke stack or up through the chassis.  A screw from the bottom might be hidden by the pony truck or even be the screw that holds the pony truck in place.  I don't know how similar your 2-6-2 is to the old sidewinder version in the diagram, so these suggestions may or may not work.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.