Question about a Bachmann Premium Silver Series Rolling Stock.

Started by Robertj668, September 15, 2009, 03:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertj668

Hi

I just came back from the Hobby Shop and picked up a nice Box Car #17032.  I have bought several Box cars in recent months from Bachmann but never saw this before.  When I picked it up I noticed that it was a little bit heavier than other Rolling stock I have purchased before from Bachmann.  When I took it out of the box I looked inside and noticed two weights in there.  I enclosed a picture of it to help. 

Has anyone else seen this?  It feels nice and heavy and rolls beautifully.

Thanks for your Help.

Robert

simkon

Yes, Bachmann has its standard series of rolling stock and its Silver Series. What you have is a silver series car, they all have metal wheels, are heavyweight and have knuckle type couplers.
The standard series car may or may not be heavyweight, but if it is it is marked "Heavyweight". It may have knuckle or horn hook couplers (mostly depending on how old it is). It also has plastic wheels sets.
The Silver Series line of rolling stock has been in existence since at least the early 1990's. But they could have existed in the late 80's. I'd have to look this up to be more precise.

Robertj668

Simkon

Thanks for the info.  I just love the Box car.  I should of added a whole picture of it to the Question. It is so cool looking.

Robert