News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Peco 0n30 Turntable

Started by John, September 17, 2009, 10:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Has anyone used the Peco 0n30 turntable? Does it go together well? What type of shaft and wiring mechanism does it use? Would you recommend it?

rayport

Yes, I would recommend it - although it may be a little short for the new 4-6-0. The 2-8-0 is a just fit. The kit goes together easily. I recommend that you put the bridge together first, then slowly glue the three parts of the pit together. I dry fitted everything and then used Tenax to secure the three arts of the pit together - there was a slight distortion during drying so that the table developed a slight rocking. Adding weight to the table cured the problem and I have happily used the table for about 9 months now. There is a simple built in polarity changer which works flawlessly. I found that the rails lock into the molded ties when I weather the rail/deck. I have not motorised but they show you how in the instructions. This is a reliable, cheap turntable that performs as advertised. It is especially reasonable if you order directly from the UK - about $50 at current exchange rates including postage. Delivery in about a week.

hminky

If you google "Peco Turntable" there are articles about the OO/HO version which the On30 is a derivative. I intent to backdate mine to this type config from an 1894 civil engineering book. It is a 45 footer:

Of course the ten-wheeler is too big, I have mothballed my 2-8-0's because they are "too" big. Wish Bachmann would make some typical mainline narrow gauge power. Their offerings have been either too small, too new, too big, or too weird. Thank goodness for the BLI C-16 and the wonderful Bachmann Mogul.

Harold

SRRL Maine

Hi Guys,

look at this motor for your Peco Turntable

http://www.modelrailshop.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Turntables___Drive_Kits__all_scales__65.html
  Cheers,

Daniel
PS still no smaller Forneys on the horizon.