News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Programming to Specific Address

Started by JohnAustin, September 28, 2009, 02:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnAustin

I was given a Bachmann DCC Digital Commander Set as a gift, and I'm having difficulty programming either of the two engines to a different address.  Otherwise, both locomotives seem to work fine.  Both locomotives run smoothly forward and backward responding nicely to throttle adjustments.  Unfortunately, I cannot run both at the same time since both are assigned to address 3 and I'm unable to change either one.  I have gone through the steps in programming a locomotive to a specific address several times but to no avail.  With only one engine on the track, I run it for a short distance then simultaneously press '3' and 'stop', and release them at the same time.  The programming light under the stop button blinks, but then neither locomotive responds to a different address.  Am I missing a step, or am I doing something wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

the Bach-man

Dear John,
Think "Control, Alt, Delete".  First press the 3, then stop, then release at the same time. Next press a new address, the loco will move slightly, and you're all set.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

JohnAustin