News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E_Z Command

Started by hobexp, September 23, 2009, 01:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobexp

Can a second Commander (44902) unit be used as a contoller in place of a Walk Around (44907)?

simkon

Nope...You need a walk-around companion...it would not be good to connect two of them together...you would probably have enough smoke for a smoke screen.

Robertj668

hobexp

That is a great question.  I was thinking about this the other day. But I wonder why it could not be done.  It would not be plugged in the wall?  I check the 8 page manual it said nothing about not to do it.  I wonder what the difference is between the two. I think it is that the the walk around does not allow programing?

I am going to watch this thread and see maybe there is somewhere that it says you can.

Robert

mf5117

If you have some extra money go ahead . You will smoke them "I know" . walk around companion !!!!!! or upgrade

mf5117

And also you may damage your locomotives . I was lucky ....had no sence ,was still and still a newbi . If you want to run more than 9 trains upgrade your controller . If you hook up 2 ez commanders 2 your layout , your asking for trouble .

simkon

One final comment...
"Only plug a Bachmann E-Z Command® Walk-Around Companion, or other device specifically approved by Bachmann, into the I/O port shown in figure 19."
And
"Never connect another controller to a track section controlled by an E-Z Command unit."
These are both taken straight from the Bachmann E-Z Command® manual.
It's all right there in black in white, the only ambiguity lies in the statement "or other device specifically approved by Bachmann," but I'm 99.9% sure that Bachmann didn't explicitly approve the use of the standard command station.
There is a difference between the two in electronics, so that is why they are not interchangeable.
Its nice to see your back Mark, but you don't have to worry about me anymore.

mf5117

Hey I love Ya Simkon , You made me Humble . Will tredge the Happy Railroad to destiny  . peace to all, just got off work gotta go to bed .

my gf calls me a rebal, but i love this hobby . And at night I got to keep the power plant going . so everyone's A/C works . It's kinda like were happy when we are waiting on Ice Cream but bears when we are waiting on food .    good day and good night !!!! ;D

Robertj668

Simkon

There it is on page 7 in the grey box. I read that section several times and could not find it. 

It was like I could not see the train at night as I was blinded by the light that was coming towards me.  Also I could not hear it either as there was a loud horn blaring at me.

But that's why we have this forum!

Robert