News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EBT Fall Spectacular

Started by jsmvmd, September 29, 2009, 07:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

Anyone planning to go to EBT for the Fall Spectacular ?  In the words of Elwood Blues, perhaps we could "meet."

Best Wishes,

Jack

RAM

I would love to go, but it is a two day trip to get there.

jward

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ebtbob

The Fall Spectaular at the East Broad Top is the weekend of October 10-11
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtnut

I'm sure Bob will be there, and I will be there.  Go to:  http://www.febt.org/Nl/n1200909.html for detailed info.  There will be a big auction of EBT On3 equipment featured on Saturday evening. 

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

Here is the schedule. 

Lots of steam and those cute little makeup cars.  One troop carrier is a 1923 Nash with 4 cylinder engine, 3-speed tyranny on the floor.  Another is the single cylinder intermittent fire (not Stormi's) that is reversed by retarding the ignition at the end of the compression stroke, which reverses the flywheel direction, included is a belt transmission.  Neat to ride and observe.

http://www.ebert.com/news/fallspec09.HTML

Best Wishes,

Jack

ebtbob

Actually,  EBTNUT,  I will not be there.   I am going on an extended weekend vacation the following week and cannot afford to spend two weekends in motels.   I will be at the railroad on Sunday,  Oct 18 if all goes well.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ncc1701

There is a chance that I will be there. At this point, I really don't know. If I am, it would be on that Saturday and I would probably be wearing a black fedora.

Joe Satnik

Dear ncc1701,

What, no tri-corder?

Joe
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

pdlethbridge

I have made the trip from Rochester twice annd both trips were well worth it. One weekend was during the fall spectacular and they were running a couple of steamers including 'Millie'

ncc1701

Off topic, nontheless,

Why use a tricorder when you can bring the hooded viewer to bear?!