News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Several Questions.

Started by NWsteam, October 07, 2009, 08:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsteam

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I posted and usually just ghost the board, but some things have come up.

1. I plan on ordering a Blueline N&W A class from Trainworld within the next couple of days. My question is what decoder do I need to purchase to run its sound capabilities on DCC? I have the Bachmann E-Z Command so I know my options are limited as to what I can control but I was thinking for down the road.

2. I am trying to reconstruct the Powhatan Arrow for my layout. I own a Bachmann J, which I am very pleased with. I am looking at the MTH 5 car set that will be releasing in several months (March I think). It's not entirely prototypical is it? I mean what is that divided coach about? Should I buy some passenger cars from Walthers and decal them myself? I have IHC heavyweights and am not impressed with them so I am leery about buying the streamliners from them. Opinions please.

-Brad

Mouse

I have used Digitrax decoders without any problems in all my Blueline engines. The best part is if you have to reset the decoder, CV8 will reset both the Digitrax and Broadway Limited's decoder at the same time.

jward

that divided coach might be a jim crow car from the era when black and white passengers weren't allowed to ride together. all the roads in the south had them.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Nigel

Quote from: jward on October 07, 2009, 10:55:26 PM
that divided coach might be a jim crow car from the era when black and white passengers weren't allowed to ride together. all the roads in the south had them.

correct.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

NWsteam

Thanks for the replies. I didn't even think of the divided coach that way.
So I can just install a regular decoder in a Blueline loco. Good to know.

-Brad