News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 rear drivers/2-10-2 gears

Started by ryeguyisme, September 30, 2009, 03:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

hey guys,

i recently downpayed for a new spectrum 2-6-6-2(my hobby shop lets me down-pay for locos and other helpful things in this harsh economy) and since its the only model in the shop theres something wrong with it when test. Its one of the newer ones with DCC and sound and its brand new in the box however the rear drivers on it dont work? I was wondering if any of you guys might know the problem so I can fix it when I've fully paid for it.

And one more thing for the Bach-man: considering an american spectrum 2-10-2, the plastic gears for the motorization have worn down, I tried contacting service department and they said they have no spare parts for this.

They told me to send it in but I don't want to ship this thing away because of the massive work I've done to its restoration(it was a used model from GG) and it runs free without the tender because I had to rewire it. As well as the fact I can't afford to ship it :(

I called NWSL to see if they could make it and I don't want to wait forever for new gears to come in.

I need my roster together for self-volunteer'd christmas Display I do every year here in Bristol Connecticut at rockwell park for the holidays

any help would be much appreciated :)

Thankss

RAM

The 2-6-6-2.  I would think that the hobby shop would send it in to Bachmann.  I would not buy it if there was something wrong with it. 

ryeguyisme

its marked down due to the flaw, im not gonna be dissapointed paying $150 for a $500 model ahaha

plus i love that hobby shop, the owner is the nicest merchant ive ever dealt with, he has a great heart

bobwrgt

On the 2 6 6 2, if the rear truck is not turning , you will have to remove the shell and check the drive shaft couplings. On mine the front coupling was not fixed to the shaft and slipping. Check all the u joints. A dab of superglue took care of it.

Bob

ryeguyisme

well taking it outta the box and examining it while i was making a payment i notice that on the track the driver sets weren't flush on the rails like the rear drivers were making the front ones touch the rail much and i saw this, and knowing what can be accomplished with a simple disassembly, i might be able to return this locommotive back to operating standards in a matter of minutes. Cannot wait to show off that bad boy this winter :D

SteamGene

Is this the new C&O H-4 with the 12V tender?  Or is this the older USRA light Mallet 2-6-6-2 with USRA heavy tender?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

ryeguyisme

its the one with the usra tender but it has factory DCC and sound