News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help

Started by NWsteam, October 14, 2009, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsteam

I just received my BlueLine N&W A from a transaction on Ebay. I installed a digitraxx decoder...lights come on and sound, but no movement. I can hear the motor in there but no dice. Sounds like a decoder put in the wrong way. So I flipped it around. Same result. Any suggestions? I'm going to dig up my Dc transformer to see if it runs on DC.

-Brad

NWsteam

I took out the decoder and ran on DC. No go. I guess I get to email the guy. Anything else I should check? I did have the decoder in the right way. #1 goes with orange.

Alex Butner

Just a question, have you cleaned the wheels or is it just acting up? Also, if cleaning the wheels doesn't help, ask Broadway Limited Imports' help desk. Hope this helps.

NWsteam

It was sold to me as brand new, so I haven't tried cleaning the wheels. They look spotless. Upon more tests I found that the rear set of drivers is binded tight. I haven't tried the help desk yet. I'll check it out. Thanks.

-Brad

Alex Butner

Just another question, what is the locomotive's minimum curve it can negotiate? What is the diameter of your curves? Have you checked the wheels for lubrication? I hope this helps you and I really hope that you can fix the problem. Good luck.

Michigan Railfan

First, is this a Diesel or Steam locomotive? Also, what do you mean by binded? If its the kind of binded I'm thinking of, grasp two wheels on the same axle on the Steam (if its a steam), and wiggle them. Do this to every axle. A little oil woudn't hurt either. Sometimes, even brand new out of the box locomotives need a little lubing. If it's a Diesel locomotive, take the shell off and see if anything is out of place or loose.

Chris350

Are we discussing a BLI N&W Class A steamer?  If this is a Broadway Limited Locomotive, you owe it to yourself to stop by their forum at:http://www.broadway-limited2.com/forum/index.php  Second, call their service department, they are very good at customer service.   If we are talking about a Blueline loco, there are a series of FAQ's on the aforementioned forum that may help.  Blueline locos can be somewhat finicky if you do not follow the steps....

NWsteam

Indiana- Its an N&W A class 2-6-6-4. I guess a better term would be locked up. Every axle wiggles on the front set of drivers but will not budge on the back set. I was thinking about oiling them but some dripped out when I got it so it already has some.

Alex- The minimum radius is 22. That is what in place on my layout. This of course matters very little when it won't run period. There seems to have already been some lubrication. Should I add more? I thought little amounts was best when it came to lube.

The EBay seller(Who is a licensed BLI dealer) works at Silver City Hobbies. He told me to register for the warranty and contact the service department at BLI.

-Brad

Chris350

Quote from: NWsteam on October 14, 2009, 08:53:12 PM

The EBay seller(Who is a licensed BLI dealer) works at Silver City Hobbies. He told me to register for the warranty and contact the service department at BLI.

-Brad
If he's a BLI dealer, sent it back for replacement.  He sent you a dud, he needs to make it right.  Second, see my post above.  Dead out of the box is not a warrantee issue, it's grounds for replacement or refund.  If it's bound up as badly as you make it sound, it needs to be disassembled and thoroughly checked out.  It's more than a lube issue.  If the seller will not make it right call BLI directly now.  They are very concerned when it comes to customer satisfaction, and they will make it right.  I have forgotten the service contacts name at this time, but there is someone who will set it right.  A call is your best bet sometime their email queue gets full.  They are in Florida. When it comes to customer service they and Bachman are both first class.

NWsteam

I assumed the problem was larger than just breaking it in. I have contacted the dealer and he has been told that BLI instructs dealers to not except dudes but to have customers go straight to BLI (Sounds like a load of B.S). Anyway I have sent BLI service department an email. I will call tomorrow since it sounds quicker.

A side note...How does the coupler on the pilot swing out on this loco?

Thanks
-Brad

NWsteam

Could you give me the number for the service deparment?

Pacific Northern

You can register the locomotive on line.

http://www.broadway-limited.com/contact-us.aspx

Note phone numbers and fax are.

tel: 386-673-8900
FAX: 386-673-8080
email: info@broadway-limited.com
Pacific Northern

Chris350