Lack of Spare Parts for Williams Trains

Started by Lobacz, October 19, 2009, 12:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobacz

I just got off the phone with the parts department.  I was trying to order a replacement bell for my Williams 773 New York Central Hudson.  The original bell broke off.  I was told that the only way to get a new bell was to order a new shell??????  Not a good answer.  Is this what I have to expect every time that I need a small, simple replacement part?  I didn't have this problem when I was dealing with Williams, before they were bought by Bachmann.  I currently own (4) GP38's, (3) 2-8-4 Berkshires (2) 2-6-4 Hudsons,  (6) EP-5's (6) PA's, (2) NW2's and (1)  EF4, all by Williams.  I would appreciate some follow up response for this parts dilemma.  This engine retailed for $500.00.  I won't be buying any more Bachmann (Williams) trains until I can get some satisfaction as to a new bell for my 773 Hudson, without having to buy a new Shell....  Thanks!

rich1998

the only thing i can assume is everything is made in China. stocking parts for many companies is usually not profitable anymore. companies are run by bean counters, not model railroaders. the hobby is evolving. That is the reality we live in. check walther's site for a suitable bell for the williams scale.
lex

BestSnowman

I think you are being a little bit unreasonable after all it wasn't Bachmann's fault the bell broke off. As lexon said its not economical to stock small parts given that everything is manufactured on the other side of the world. Fortunately for us there are companies that sell detail parts
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog