News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

loss of power through the turnout

Started by en4cer, October 31, 2009, 09:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

en4cer

I am using Bachmann EZ-track with #44861 and #44862 turnouts, however I am having a loss of power when my engines travel through the turnouts when they are switched to the curve side. Is there an easy remedy for this problem?

skipgear

Bachmann N scale turnouts are power routing. They will only pass power to the selected route. This is very handy for creating a yard situation in DC but can be frustrating in DCC.

The simple solution is move your feeder track or add more feeders. Without seeing your track plan it's hard so suggest the easiest route.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

en4cer

I'm building a layout with a mainline oval with a freightyard section in the center, so I was attempting to use two turnouts to create a cross section from the mainline to the yard. There is a note that came with the turnouts that explains the proper way to wire these turnouts in this situation. It is very hard to understand however, I am still confused. It says to add an extra power feed terminal at the heel end of each turnout. Do they mean to run a jumper from one turnout to the other or do they mean to power each turnout from the powerpack?

skipgear

You will need to run track power to the tracks in the yard. The turnouts control track power in the route selected. The opposite route will be dead.

A drawing of the track plan would help in suggesting placement. If in doubt, make sure every leg of a turnout has a track with a feeder on it.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950