Bachmann HO Acela train set and additional cars

Started by siberianmo, November 03, 2009, 05:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siberianmo

I am going to purchase Bachmann's HO Acela train set and probably add some additional Business Class cars to replicate the 6 car consist of the trains I traveled aboard last week between WashDC and Boston; round trip.

I noted that there are two types of Business Class cars offered by Bachmann that may be added and am confused about the difference. What is a Business Class "end" car compared to the "regular" Business Class car that comes with the set?

On the prototype trains I traveled there was a foward loco, then two Business Class cars forward - a Cafe car - two Buisness Class cars and a 1st Class car at the "end" - followed by a loco.

Thanx.

ABC

A typical Acela consist has only one Business Class end car and the rest are just regular business cars. The business end car is intended to be placed at the end of the train right before the loco in reverse.

siberianmo

Interesting . . . then I suppose the two trains I travled aboard last week were not "typical."  There were 4 Business Class cars, 1 First Class car and one Acela Cafe car making up the northbound and southbound trains.

Hoping the Bach Man will describe the differences in the models, which was the point of my inquiry.

Thanx!

ABC

Sorry for the confusion, to clarify...
No there's first class cars too and a cafe. I was just saying that of the business class cars only one is an end car and the rest are regular business cars. The end car has a different configuration inside as opposed to a regular business class car.

siberianmo

Thanx for the clarification . . . if the differences are simply interior ones then I suppose it won't matter whether the "end" car is placed elsewhere. I'm going to try to arrange my model in the same order as the two Acelas traveled.

Appreciate the input!

ABC

Also there is one less window on each side of the business class end car.