HO heavyweight, smoothside & corrigated passenger cars with interiors & lights

Started by New ChooChoo, November 10, 2009, 06:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New ChooChoo

I am looking for passenger cars that already have the interiors & lighting inside. RTR cars. Any sites or manufacturers would be appreciated.

ABC

I have some Erie & Erie Lackawanna passenger cars (included are baggage cars, coaches, and sleepers) from the Rapido Super Continental Line (They also make end cars and taverns depending on the road). I have an Erie, an Erie Lackawanna, & a Pennsylvania set (8 cars) that are made by IHC. I put interiors in all 3, which were made by IHC, and I put lighting in the Erie & Pennsylvania set. Your best bet though is Rapido, they have a large selection of Roads and have all types (heavyweight, smooth side & corrugated), the lighting is battery powered, and can be switched on and off with a magnetic wand. The only bad part is that they run about $60 a pop, sometimes you can find them on sale or on eBay/the internet for about $45 each.
From Rapido's Website
QuoteMinimum radius for skirted cars is 28"
***The rapido cars require a minimum 28" radius, but if you clip all the undercarriage detail parts and put long shank kadee's in then they can make 24" radius and possibly smaller if you have perfect track work and make additional alterations.
I also have a bunch of Bachmann heavyweights but they do not have interiors, but they are lighted.

FECfan

ABC

Quote from: FECfan on November 10, 2009, 06:54:41 PM
easy, walthers, and self install the lighting (seperate part)
From Walther's Website.
QuotePLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.

jbsmith

if you look around enough, there are still some Bachmann Spectrum passenger cars available out there.
they can be found at  modeltrainstuff.com  for about  $20 per car,
but the selection is limited.

Another would be Walthers, they too offer passenger cars with interiors and
lighting. a bit more expensive but more to choose from.