News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Shay Decoder

Started by rflanagan, November 13, 2009, 11:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rflanagan

I need a little help with my On30 Shay. The engine was purchased new and will only run in analog. It will not respond to command changes from either a Bachmann EZ Command or a Digitrx DCS50.

Yes, I have built and use an isolated test track with a PTB100 Programming Track Booster and still the engine will only respond to analog. Also, I have tested other Bachmann engines on this track and they all respond to any and all commands. When using the Digitrax DCS50 I keep getting the error messages of DNA or DNR when trying to change the decoder address.

I also, tried to reset the decoder card by using CV8 and get the error code of DNR.

Any suggestions or help.

My Question Is: Can I obtain a new decoder card and install it myself? Thanks for any HELP.

JohnR

Did you verify that you have a decoder installed?  And if so, is it installed correctly?

-John

jestor

The Shay came in two versions......DCC ready and DCC/Sound equipped. If it doesn't have sound, it didn't come with a decoder installed. DCC ready version's product # starts with 25. Sound version product # starts with 28. The decoder ( if it has one ) is located under the coal load in the rear bunker. Please let us know which version you have.