Lit up Caboose--A Crazy Idea for Bachmann!

Started by jbsmith, November 20, 2009, 11:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody J

[quote PS  Cody, let us know how the Xmas lights work out...
[/quote]

It didn't work out very well. In fact, it was a BIG FAILURE!!! Oh well, you never know until you try. 

Cody
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

Jim Banner

Cody,
What was the problem?  Often we can learn more from failures than from successes.

Johathan,
Nice work on the caboose.  I am overwhelmed by the neatness and organization of your work table!!

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jonathan

Of course you realize that is a posed shot! 

My work area is a large parking lot on my layout (buildings moved to the side).  The towel is to catch little parts and to protect the parking lot.  Usually tools and materials are all akimbo (is that a word?).  When I solder, I protect the layout by using a board my son broke in karate class (yes, it's in two pieces).

I did finish this latest lit-up caboose, this morning.  I put it on the track and turned the power up all the way.  The inside and marker lights were on just enough to see they work.  I think when/if this caboose hits a DCC layout, the brightness should be just about right.

I'm not saying I'm converting to DCC, and not that there's anything wrong with that, but it never hurts to have a few things standing by... just in case. ;)

Thanks again for all the help you give, Jim.

Regards,

Jonathan

PS.  This whole thread started because JB was looking for lit up cabeese for sale. I did notice the On30 folks get their cabeese with factory lights!  Of course, you will pay for the lights.