News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound decoder for dcc equipt'd 4-4-0

Started by rbtvgo, November 26, 2009, 09:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbtvgo

Just purchased the Bachmann 4-4-0 83405. It has dcc for speed but not sound. What are my choices for adding sound. Replace the decoder? Add an additional sound decoder? Would like to get some feed back on what others have done.
Thanks

full maxx

I have a similar question...is all the sound possible with the decoder or is there a speaker needed or do the engine and tender cone with a speaker and just need the decoded ???
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Tim

Guy's

Yes it can be done.

I have installed a "Tsunami" micro with a low profile Hi-bass speaker.

The Bachmann circuit board and decoder must be removed. and the
tsunami must be hard wired.  You will also have to fabricate a speaker mount
out of .040" styrene for cone clearence, if you use the Hi-bass speaker.

Litchfield  SP– 23SHB- 08    Soundtraxx  810129   Tony's  HB110S (QSI)

It's a little more work but well worth the results.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

full maxx

are the decoder and speaker sold together or separately
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

Quote from: full maxx on November 26, 2009, 10:42:03 AM
are the decoder and speaker sold together or separately
It depends, for example Tsunami decoders do not include a speaker, whereas MRC decoders include a speaker. It just depends on what decoder you buy.

full maxx

I'm sure there is a price and quality difference

ABC

Quote from: full maxx on November 26, 2009, 11:58:51 AM
I'm sure there is a price and quality difference
Exactement! You are correct Tsunamis are more expensive than MRCs even though MRCs include speakers. MRCs are of lower quality than Tsunamis though.

full maxx

rich1998

i installed a micro and 1.1 inch speaker. hard wired. bought both from litchfield. free shipping over $75 the last i knew. great support.

don't forget the 1 k resistor because of the led headlight.

lex

rbtvgo

sparkyjay31

Please, please buy the Tsunami.  If not, there is a very good chance you will be right back here commenting on the MRC's lack of quality.  Take it from one that learned the HARD way.
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!