News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 2-10-2 headlight

Started by mdtell, November 14, 2009, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdtell

How do I remove the smokebox front of the Spectrum 2-10-2 to replace the headlight bulb/LED?  If I have to remove the boiler to do that, how do I remove the boiler? 

CAB_IV

does your unit come with a parts diagram?  I don't own this unit, but on many steamers, the front of the smoke box pulls off the model (don't try prying it until you check the parts diagram.  if you don't have one, i'm sure bachmann will send you a copy). 

Failing that,  just check for screws in the usual places, and dissassemble the thing, keeping a close eye on EXACTLY how it came apart.  take notes if you have to .

I tend to organize things in assemblies loosely fitted together, or place the screws in a pattern relative to their original spots on the locomotive so that i remember exactly how it goes together.

good luck.

Pacific Northern

FYI this site has diagrams of their products under The Product Reference Heading located on the left of this page.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/H833X-IS001.PDF

Pacific Northern

hotrainlover

Are you sure the LED has burned out?  I have had these in my engines for MANY years...  Never had to change one.  I have had "Other" reasons for the LED not to work, though.

lmackattack

I dont own this specific loco but all my other Bachmanns had the bulb inbetween the boiler weight halves. this means you will need to remove the shell and unscrew the weights to access the builb.

most locos require you to remove the drive axels and leading/trailing trucks once these are removed you may find 2 more screws that hold the boiler to the weights? after these screws are all removed the weight should pull away from the boiler.

Trent