My HO Spectrum 2-8-0 "threw a screw" - PLEASE Help !!!

Started by mobilman44, November 21, 2009, 11:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris350

Quote from: mobilman44 on November 23, 2009, 09:08:39 AM
Chris,
  Please reread my original posting.  The reason I am bringing my problem here is that the Bachmann Service "group" has apparently ignored my emails (subsequent to the original email exchange).  I'm normally a very patient and understanding man, and I have always felt that Bachmann was "one of the best", so this situation is really not in line.
Mobilman44 
I note that you said you emails were going unanswered so I suggested that you call directly.  It's frequently more effective than hoping an email makes it through the corporate labyrinth.  It's interesting that in todays world so many people take a simple phone call for granted.  It's funny how we have come to assume that email is the solution to all communication issues.  Note too that you did not indicate that your location precludes a phone conversation.
Chris

mobilman44

Hi Once Again!
  Well, the problem is solved (no thanks to Bachmann)!  With the help of a micrometer and the good folks on the Trains Forum, I ordered some M1.4x5x.3 screws from a 3rd party supplier.  Yes, they fit and I'm back in business.

This whole trip left a bad taste in my mouth, however.  I do understand that Bachmann has a "replace whole unit" policy, but for one very small screw, it is absolutely ridiculous!  Given that the 2-8-0 was produced in large quantities, it just underscores the absurdity. 

Also, subsequent emails were obviously ignored (after the initial exchange).  Tell me yes, or tell me no, or tell me to take a trip below, but please do not ignore me!

Lastly, I finally got to the point that all I wanted  from Bachmann was the specs of the screw in question.  Nope, no response whatsoever  was received.

As a retired Business Analyst, I am especially unhappy with the above lapse of good customer relations.  Frankly, these days Companies need all the good relations they can muster.

Folks, all of the above is NOT a criticism of the product itself, for I have benn a Bachmann customer since the 1970s and have never had a real complaint before this. 

Hey, ENJOY!

Mobilman44