News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

modeling Stuart and Falcon

Started by ncc1701, November 09, 2009, 03:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncc1701

To anyone with experience in 009, I am very interested in making reproductions of Stuart and Falcon as they were on Duke's old railway and have been looking for commercial body kits available.

I am particularly interested in Stuart so if anyone could point me in the direction of Kerr Stuart Tattoo class locomotive body kits and matching mechanisms available to U.S. modelers, I would appreciate it.

NCC-1701

shining time

the only to people i know of are stainer jack or henryblue who is no longer in the moldeling of thomas hope this helps :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: shining time on November 09, 2009, 05:27:07 PMstainer jack or henryblue who is no longer in the moldeling of thomas
Where on EARTH did you get that idea?

shining time

hey calm down just trying to help GOD  >:(

ZeldaTheSwordsman

It can be annoying when someone makes a comment so egregiously out of touch. Try joining up with SRMF, and you can follow HenryBlue's work. He's still very much into the modelling, he just can't post here anymore. I believe he was banned. He's a good man, and an excellent modeller, but he can be short-tempered, and tends to speak his immediate thoughts when he posts in anger. But to get back on topic, Parkide Dundas might have what you're looking for, check them out here:
http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/009__00n3_NARROW_GAUGE_4MM_SCALE_SECTION.html
The Chivers 'Sir Haydn' and 'Edward Thomas' kits can be found on this page:
http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_CHIVERS_FINELINES.html
They should fit the bill. You'll have to buy chassis separately, though. Hope this helps.

ncc1701

Thanks awfully for the hyperlinks. Also, what would be an acceptable chassis for 'edward thomas?'  Right now it's just a pipe dream of mine, but still...

ncc1701

Never mind the previous question, found the chassis guide on the site. Does Bachmann still make an 0-4-0 chassis? and if not, would the 0-6-0 be an acceptable substitute?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: shining time on November 10, 2009, 07:44:15 PM
hey calm down just trying to help GOD  >:(
Watch your behavior, that can be considered an offensive statement.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

It could do with a comma, true. ;D Anyway, as to your chassis question, ncc1701, it might be, provided you removed the rear pair of drive wheels (and preferably replaced them with pony wheels). If you can't replace them with a trailing bogie, then just use nonarticulated pony wheels.

shining time

StanierJack

Woo, a topic for me to answer!  ;D

Right, here firstly:

http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/009__00n3_NARROW_GAUGE_4MM_SCALE_SECTION.html

Stuart can be found here as "Talyllyn Railway 'Edward Thomas' 0-4-2 Saddle Tank Loco Body Kit" :

http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_CHIVERS_FINELINES.html

And Falcon here as Corris or early Talyllyn "'Sir Haydn' 0-4-2 Saddle Tank" :

http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/Loco_Kits__white_Metal_.html

(The second one has a brass cab, but is in MSR condition.)

---   

Both kits will take a Bachmann 0-4-0 N gauge chassis, but for Falcon I would reccomend the dapol 14XX chassis. (Direct from Dapol it's £10, and a scale wheelbase.)

Using the Bachmann chassis on stuart, you'd need to get a trailing wheel for the 0-4-2, so Parkside also sell this.

Remember to contact me if you need further help, i'm good with my OO9 knowledge  ;)

ncc1701

Hello Jack,

A pleasure to meet you. I have already posted an order to Parkside Dundas for the body kit of 'Edward Thomas,' however I neglected to check into ordering a trailing wheel set from them before placing the order.

I do have a few questions for you regarding Parkside- How do I know if the kit I ordered was in stock. I recieved a confirmation email discussing payment options, but it mentioned nothing of my product being in stock. No doubt such kits are a very limited run, so I am somewhat concerned about the dreaded back order factor. Do have any information that could help me?

Also, I have considerable experience with model railroads and grew up with the Thomas TV Series as a kid, and later discovered the original Railway Series. Lately, I have decided to turn my modeling efforts to the Mid Sodor Railway to recreate fond childhood memories. As such I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as this is my first narrow gauge attempt.

I have recently joined the SMRF and I am known there as railjoiner.

Again, thanks for your help.

Michael

StanierJack

Hmm. An email to Parkside directly would do justice, as I'm pretty sure they have said kit in stock alot of the time. It's a popular kit, and I'm hoping to get my hands on one pretty soon. (Meeting them in person next Saturday at a local show to get some items)

They are good with customer service, and i'd suggest dropping them an email is the best thing to do.

Jack

StanierJack

BTW, the Chivers kit builds into this. (N Drive chassis though, not Bachmann)

mclarenman4ever

where did you get the body kit and chassie jack?