News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

track layout

Started by pjf, November 28, 2009, 08:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjf

Hello,I have a question about EZ track, HO.
Would the standard "turnout" fit smoothly between an oval with 18" curve section inside of a 22" curved sections. I would like to have two tracks and switch trains between the two ovals. 
Thank you for your help.
ps. is there a source book for EZ track layouts?

Peter

ABC

Not really, go for number 6 turnouts or crossovers for a smoother transition between the tracks and less derailments and overall better operations. Standard turnouts will not work very well at all because it creates an S bend/curve which usually causes a derailment.

the Bach-man

Dear PJF,
There is a new EZ Track Layout book; you can get it from us or Carstens Publications.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rick1127

pjf, you can also use the #5 turn out.  Especially if space is a condiseratioin, as the #6 is longer than the five.  I am using #5's with an 18" inner and a 22" outer oval and it works great.
Rick Cohoon
Cape Cod MA.
Rick.Cohoon@comcast.net

full maxx

Quote from: the Bach-man on November 29, 2009, 12:06:57 AM
Dear PJF,
There is a new EZ Track Layout book; you can get it from us or Carstens Publications.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
is the track layout book you speak of this Bachmann book http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=67
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Jhanecker2

Good Evening full maxx : the catalog is not the layout book mentioned by the "Bach Man"
However if you do have a recent copy of the catalog you should be able to find the layout book listed within it used to cost about $ 20.00  . My copy is filed in the office in the shop with my other train related materials but it's cold & dark  without & I'm feeling lazy . the Book has a blue cover and has various layouts described within.   It is considered  EZ track layout book  Number Two and suplants Book # 1 that was usually packed with the train sets.    John  II

full maxx

I have a train set coming , it there possibly one included with it
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Jhanecker2

Afraid not, the Current Track Layout is a seperately purchasable item with its own Part Number  and a cost of  $ 20.00   John II

pjf

Thank you all for the helpfull hints. I just had this one issue at this time and don't have the need for the book at $20. Interestingly Atlas have several layout plans that are free on the web. I guess EZ track is not as eager to give free advise or promote their product.

Peter

hawaiiho

http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalog/bach_track.php

I currently have two separate layouts.

One of them is  the second layout from the top. I am currently using standard turnouts.

It is not 100% trouble free, but as long as I am careful, with the speed and choice of locomotives. Going through the turnouts,

works fairly well.

I have to add, that at some point I will probably change to #5 turnouts.

Jhanecker2

Atlas has several layout books which are excellently done and have the wiring plans in both  DC & DCC  included & also great parts list info.   Checkout your local library to see if they stock the books in their system.  John  II

pjf

Havaiiho, that is a great site, thank you. The second layout without the sidings will fit nicely under the tree. The list show less 22' radius curves than what is needed but that is OK.
Peter

hawaiiho

My apologies. I put that layout together back in May and forgot all about that.

Hope you find that page as helpful as I did.