News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ho n30 locos

Started by John Brough, November 29, 2009, 06:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Brough

Can anyone put me onto a manufacturer of either a 4-8-4+4-8-4 Garrett or a Baldwin 2-6-2t..   I am in the great land of Aus and having trouble locating either

hminky

You might be better off in OO9 (4mm/foot on N scale track). Backwoods Miniatures has a Garrett and 2-6-2 in OO9. There is a greater modeling community in OO9 than HOn30 with sites like this:

http://www.009.cd2.com/index.htm

and the difference between OO and HO is larger than you imagine.

The first figure is HO and the next one is OO. There is a big difference!

Harold

ebtnut

I think I'm with Harold on this.  Your being "down under" and more in the sphere of UK-inspired modeling, 009 modeling in 4mm scale might be a better bet.  Were you intending to model US prototypes, then HOn30 might be a consideration.  There really hasn't been much US-style HOn30 equipment out there in recent years. 

Hamish K

For modelling Australian prototypes, in Australia HOn30 is much more common than OO9. There have been brass models and kits in HOn30 of both the NA 2-6-2 and G class garratt (the Backwoods Miniatues locos are of different classes) but I am not sure if any are currently being made. I would try posting on an Australian board, such as the Yahoo Groups Australian Narrow Gauge group.

Hamish