News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 rail truck gear problems

Started by rghcowner, November 28, 2009, 02:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rghcowner

Well, truck #4 has joined the stable of loud clicking, non moving rail trucks on my short line.
Does anyone sell replacement gears so I can get these guys running again?
Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Hobojohn

There was a discussion on broken piniongears on the forum, recently.
The thread boiled over, was locked and removed.

Two important facts to remember though:
1. Get in contact with the partsdepartment of the USA Bachmann through a form to be found on the 'order parts' page. They are friendly and helpful over there.

2. 'Our' Mr Bachmann has contacted some 'key persons in the Bachmann company' on the subject of the brokengears and the general availability of replacement parts and the pioniongears in particular.

We all (with Bachmann trains that have broken gears) are looking forward to hear the results of this, hopefully within short time.
May this possibly 'start all over again' thread be a reminder for that.

Cheers
John Baron

BKJ

As I posted already on the thread, "Bailing out".

I just checked NWSL and saw the price for the replacement gear set for the Bachmann HO 3 truck shay. It will cost a person 24.95 for a set in HO. So it is fair to assume that whoever is making the set for the On30 locos it will be at 'least' that much.

I love the Bachmann On30 locos but it really amazes me that as customers, we are going to have to pay an extra 24.95 on top of the purchase price and then disassemble and replace the gears and reassemble the locomotive again. I would rather have an extra amount built into the price to keep us, the customers, from having to worry about getting something fixed later.

Customer service should be #1 with any company and at times it shocks me that this "KNOWN" problem has not yet been resolved. One would think that the cost of servicing these engines, with the plastic gear failure, would be a costly thing for Bachmann to cover under warranty. More importantly though, is the reputation of a company that continues to put out a product that they know is prone to failure and refuses to remedy it.

It absolutely amazes me, that a company would rely on a third party to manufacture and create a fix for a known problem and let alone, have their customer 'foot the bill' for the known, yet ignored problem.

It is not my intent to bash Bachmann as I absolutely love their On30 trains and look forward to acquiring a 2-6-6-2 locomotive but it astonishes me that these problems have not yet been addressed since they have been known for quite some time.

Reputation is everything in business, especially a small niche market like model railroading. I would think that this will be addressed sooner rather than later to keep your ever so valuable customers.

Sincerely,

Bruce

rghcowner

Thanks MUCHO to those that replied.I will keep a watch here and see what happens.

BKJ

Quote from: El Loco on December 03, 2009, 06:21:06 PM
The latest buzz on the replacements is they are on the back burner due to the micro mark/ NWSL issue.  >:(

What issue is that pray tell?

JohnR

MM is selling their own versions of a couple of NWSL's scratch builders' tools.  How and why this came to pass I can't say.  From the NWSL post, it has cause them to re-prioritize their projects.   The MM/NWSL issues aren't relevant to this thread.

I still maintain that the gear issue is a problem that Bachmann needs to step up to and resolve.  To that end, rather than having recurrent postings about broken gears, I'd like to see Mr. Bach-man create a sticky post to centralize these posts.  Having them disappear on back forum pages, or locked and  deleted is not helping matters.  This issue needs to remain in the spotlight until resolved.

-John

El Loco

NWSL had requested we keep it low key thats why I removed the thread in the first place . Our voices were heard, the cure wont be over night and will surly take some time especially now that the tooling and production from NWSL is on the back burner. "Not relevant" you claim JohnR? I should disagree with you sir,   IMO any help we can get is welcomed by me . 
I digress  :-X