News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

canadian sources for an Annie

Started by kettle valley, December 06, 2009, 06:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kettle valley

Hi all,
I have been searching all over the net to buy a 4-6-0 but can't find a retailer. I live in B.C. and would like to find something local. Found lots south of the border but once you facter in shipping, dutie etc. it gets quite expensive. Hope someone can help.
Thx.

az2rail

Goggle "Art Knapp trains" and you should get what your looking for It is a garden center and train store, and he is in your province.

I have done business with them, and they are very friendly.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

kettle valley

Thanks az2rail for a quick response.
I have checked with them but they only have the Spectrum Line.
Would be great if they carried the other 'cause only about 3 hours from my home.

Joe Satnik

Dear KV,

Found this on an Ebay.ca auction:

CONTACT INFO: PHONE: 1-250-803-0111, FAX: 1-250-803-0222, EMAIL: sales@xcaliburent.ca, WEBSITE: www.xcaliburent.ca, ADDRESS: 2321 Trans. Can. Hwy. SW Salmon Arm BC V1E 4P4, STORE HOURS: Tuesday- Saturday 8:30- 5:00 PST.

There is a friendly and helpful large-scaler named HJ that haunts the largescalecentral.com forum, who lives just north of you. 

Here is a live view out his window, (daylight helps).

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca/WebCam1/

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

kettle valley

Thanks Joe, been watching this loco for a few days now but not sure if it is on with the latest ver 5 drive and if it is a true 'Annie' Would be great if it was because a quick 2 hour drive to go and pick it up.
Will check out HJ in the morning (dark here now). Liketo get in touch with a veteran G scaler.

tac

Veteran G-scaler?  Living in BC?

H-J is your man, no doubt about it.

He'd tell you himself, but I bet he's still asleep.

tac
www.ovgrs.org
www.largescaleonline.com
www.mylargescale.com
www.Gscalecentral.com

doug c

KV;

Don't know what the asking price is down south nor if it is cheaper than a unit up here but re: "...lots south of the border but once you facter in shipping, dutie etc. it gets quite expensive"

Based on the time i shipped up from the u.s.a.  there is NO duty charged on model railway product !     The only extra charges are "regular international" shipping charge via USPS.   If you make the mistake of dealing with a u.s. reseller who only ships via courier or overnight/priority you will encounter the couriers surcharges that they slap on as soon as it lands in their hands  on this side of the border.       

Oh yes  RevenueCanada or is that CanadaBorderServices has also charged $5 per parcel in the past.   

Good Luck in your search !!

doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99